From the Disney Style Blog
With every new Cinderella-inspired line, we get even more excited to see Cinderella in theaters (which is March 13, aka soon to be the best day ever). Now our makeup bags can get in on the fun, as MAC is releasing a new collection inspired by the film. Not only is the packaging gorgeous, there’s everything you need to channel your inner princess.
If you’re like us though, sometimes makeup can be an absolute mystery to use. So, we enlisted the help of our own makeup fairy godmother, (aka makeup artist, Jam Leonard) to help create two day and night looks inspired by Cinderella and her stepmother.
“What’s great about this look that you can really layer and make this daytime as subtle or as strong as you want.” noted Jam. “These tones are great for all skin tones.”
- Apply the Studio Eye Gloss in Lightly Taupe to the whole lid.
- After your shadow base, also apply the Studio Eye Gloss to your brow bone using the 207 Blending Brush to add shimmer to your brow.
- Take the Eyeshadow x 6 palette in Stroke of Midnight, and apply the Vapour shade just on the lid of the eye to create more dimension in color.
- Next, use the Glitter in Reflects Pearl and dust it just in the inner corners of the eye to make the eye pop.
- Finally, add the Studio Fix Lash in Bold Black.
Before beginning, Jam advises applying moisturizer of your choice and a foundation to areas that are red. “The key is not to overuse, especially for a daytime look,” said Jam. “You just want to enhance your pretty skin!”
- Brush the Iridescent Powder in Coupe D’Chic on the high points of your face (cheekbones, middle of forehead, bridge of the nose and a little on the brow bone).
- Apply the Iridescent Powder in Coupe D’Chic on your neck and chest as well. “It’s great for a glow and is beautiful on its own. It’s a great finish and easy to apply using the 168 Large Angled Contour brush,” Jam says.
- Apply the Lipstick in Royal Ball for Daytime. “To add a little shine, feel free to layer in the Lipglass in Happily Ever After,” advised Jam.
- Take the Eyeshadow x 6 palette in Stroke of Midnight, and use the Omega color on the brow bone, all over the eye.
- Then take the Stroke of Midnight color from the palette, using the 217 Blending Blush and apply it just on your lid and blend to make a smoky effect.
- Apply the Pigment in Evil Stepmother on the lid, making it just around the lash line. Jam notes: “apply it underneath the eye and blend it under the lash line to create a smoky effect.”
- With an angled eyeline brush, apply a thin line of Fluid Line in Macroviolet on the top lash line to create a beautiful line that enhances the eye color and opens the eye up. For more dramatic feel, take the liner and apply to the water line of the eye for a super sultry look.
- To finish up this look, take the Glitter in Reflects Pearl and apply a little in the inner corner of the eye. “This opens the eye up and adds a bit of sparkle,” said Jam.
- Apply the Studio Fix Lash in Bold Black to finish.
“Since this an evening look and your eye is more dramatic you want to make sure you keep your face makeup light,” explained Jam. “My suggestion is a bit of foundation on the places you need it.”
- Then use the Beauty Powder in Mystery Princess and use a highlighter on your cheekbones, you can softly apply it everywhere to create a glow effect.
- Use a peachy blush, like the Iridescent Pressed Powder in Coupe D’Chic, if desired to have a pop of color. “A tip is you can always use any shadow as well to create a blush. Just blend it in.”
- “I think a great lip color to pair this look together is the Lipstick in Free as a Butterfly. Apply the Lipglass in Glass Slipper,” said Jam. “This finishes the look so amazingly. Smokey eye and a nude lip is always a great go-to.”
Now that you have two great looks to use, check out the full suite of offerings from the collection (with tips from Jam on how to use them!):
The M.A.C. x Cinderella Collection is available online now and in stores in the US, March 5.
- Hurricane Ian Updates, Closures for Walt Disney World - September 26, 2022
- First Look: EPCOT ‘Candlelight Processional’ Celebrity Narrators - September 26, 2022
- DIY – Make Your Own Madame Leota on a Budget! - September 24, 2022