From TMSM Friend, Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager. This post was from the Disney Parks Blog.
I have great news for guests who love wonderful Disney art. On select weekends in November and December, we will be hosting a Disney Artist Showcase at the Art of Disney location in Downtown Disney Marketplace atWalt Disney World Resort. Events will be held on Fridays from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
These events will feature works from several talented Disney artists from Disney Design Group, Yellow Shoes Creative Group, Walt Disney Imagineering and others. Guests attending the showcase events will also have the opportunity meet these talented individuals and purchase original works of art.
Below is a schedule of which artists will make appearances at the events. Please note that all appearances are subject to change without notice.
- November 14-15 – David Buckley, Joe Kaminski, Will Gay, Don “Ducky” Williams, Mark Seppala
- November 21-22 – Darren Wilson, Tim McCloskey, Joe Kaminski, Alex Maher
- December 5-6 – Brian Blackmore, Tim McCloskey, Jason Grandt, Costa Alavezos
During the December events, we will also have available “The Magic Kingdom Storybook” written and illustrated by Walt Disney Imagineer Jason Grandt.
You may recall from this Disney Parks Blog story that I’m in love with this 128-page hardcover book. It was on the top of my gift list last holiday season. Jason will be signing his books during the events.
I hope to see you at Art of Disney!
- Update For Water Parks & Platinum Plus WDW Annual Passholders - September 17, 2020
- Black Panther Star Chadwick Boseman Has Passed Away At 43 - August 28, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort announces new fall food and drink event series - August 28, 2020