Halloween Time is in full swing at Disneyland Resort, which means The Haunted Mansion is under temporary new management. The Pumpkin King is in charge–or at least Sandy Claws, his gift-giving alter-ego, is. This time each year, The Haunted Mansion receives a full make-over, in honor of the Halloween (and Christmas, too!) classic, The Nightmare Before Christmas. It’s a special treat for Disneyland goers which isn’t repeated at Walt Disney World. Many Southern Californians and Disneyland die-hards have learned to love this seasonal change of scenery, which has only been going for… well, we can’t tell you how long, because it’s time to take our Haunted Mansion Holiday Transformation Trivia Quiz, and that would spoil the surprise!
So, do you think you know all there is to know about Jack Skellington’s house of horrors? Let’s find out:
1. In what year did Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion first open?
2. How many times has the Haunted Mansion been transformed for the Haunted Mansion Holiday, including this year?
3. What sits centered atop the arched gateway entrance to the Haunted Mansion’s estate?
a. Jack Skellington’s Signature Bow Tie
b. A Coffin Filled With Presents
c. A Ghoulish Ghost
d. A Pumpkin Monster
4. Which characters appear on the ceiling of the “stretching room” during this special time?
a. Oogie Boogie
b. Jack Skellington and Zero
c. Lock, Shock and Barrel
d. Santa Claus
5. What scent can be smelled in the air during the Haunted Mansion Holiday?
6. On the fifth day of Christmas, Madame Leota’s “ghoul love” gives her five of what?
a. Lucky Charms
b. Mystic Mirrors
c. Pearls of Wisdom
d. Wheels of Fortune
7. Approximately how many bones does Zero gather each year to decorate the Haunted Mansion for the holiday season?
8. How many jack-o-lanterns are placed around the Haunted Mansion Holiday’s surroundings, approximately?
9. Throughout the Haunted Mansion Holiday, who will you see sitting in place of the usual crows?
a. Vampire Teddies
b. Ghost Dogs
c. Snow Angels
10. At the end of the ride, who beckons you to “Hurry back” for another visit?
a. Jack Skellington
b. The Mayor of Halloween Town
c. Sandy Claws
11. How many pastry chefs worked together to create the famous Haunted Mansion Gingerbread House for 2014?
1. a. 1969
2. c. 14
3. a. Jack Skellington’s Signature Bow Tie
4. b. Jack Skellington and Zero
5. d. Gingerbread
6. a. Lucky Charms
7. d. 200
8. b. 100
9. a. Vampire Teddies
10. d. Sally
11. c. 5
- Jurassic World VelociCoaster To Open At Universal Orlando Resort On June 10, 2021 - April 6, 2021
- The God of Mischief’s Time Has Come in Official ‘Loki’ Trailer - April 5, 2021
- Win A 3 Day 2 Night Stay At A Haunted Mansion Inspired AirBnB - March 30, 2021