From Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer
Next in our Delicious Disney series, Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast from Chef Mark Buan at Surf’s Up! Breakfast with Mickey & Friends at Disney’s PCH Grill in Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel at the Disneyland Resort.
Chef calls it French toast, but it’s more like a bread pudding made with rich challah, a traditional Jewish yeast bread sweetened with honey. And is there any more perfect combo than chocolate, peanuts and sweet bananas? It’s perfect for a breakfast buffet, or we’d serve it for dessert with a generous drizzle of warm chocolate sauce.
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast
- 8 thick slices day-old challah bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9x13x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch slices, and add to bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon, and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Stir gently until bread cubes have absorbed egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- This Fall Is Gonna Be Scary Good At Universal Orlando Resort - September 22, 2020
- Update For Water Parks & Platinum Plus WDW Annual Passholders - September 17, 2020
- Black Panther Star Chadwick Boseman Has Passed Away At 43 - August 28, 2020