Show Your DIY Disney Side: Disney Parks Guide Map Photo Mat
Here is a fun DIY from Erin Glover, Social Media Director for Disneyland Resort. If a picture says a thousand words, I say a picture frame can say a thousand more. In this new “Show Your DIY Disney Side,” I’m making quick and easy photo mats using Disneyland Resort tickets and guide maps.
- Any decorative paper (I used my old park tickets and a guide map, but any other decorative paper will work)
- Picture frames (I used 8” x 10” and 4” x 6” frames)
- Craft knife
- Your favorite photos (I used a 4” x 6” photo for the bigger frame and wallet-sized photo for the smaller, but you can use whatever sizes you’d like)
Step 1: Take the picture frame apart, separating the frame, cardboard backing and glass. Step 2: Lay the guide map or decorative paper out flat over a tabletop. Tip: Since we’ll be using our craft knife on this surface, make sure to protect your tabletop! A thick paper bag or some cardboard will do. Step 3: Cut your desired paper to fill the frame (you can use the glass as a guide). This will form your photo map. Tip: If using park tickets instead of a guide map or large decorative paper, you might not need to cut anything at all! Skip to Step 5. Step 4: Place the photo over the center of the photo mat. Using the craft knife, cut out the center of the mat using the photo as a size guide. Step 5: Place the photo face-up in the center of the picture frame and place the photo mat (or neatly arranged park tickets) on top of (or around) the photo. Step 6: Carefully place the glass on top to lock everything into place. How do you “Show your DIY Disney Side”? Tell us in the comments!
- Universal Orlando Resort Announces Dates and Select Tickets and Packages for Halloween Horror Nights 2023 - March 23, 2023
- CASETiFY Announces a New Mandalorian™ Inspired Collection - March 2, 2023
- Drawn to Life Presented by Cirque du Soleil and Disney Introduces Thrilling New Acts as Part of Ongoing Show Evolution - February 27, 2023