Summer is in full swing, and it’s always great to look for refreshing ways to beat the heat. If you live too far away from Disney to just hop in the car and drive on over for a Dole Whip, this might be a good substitute till your next vacation. Granted, a Dole Whip from Disney is a unique and yummy experience, this recipe might be able to hold you over and help those cravings for some Disney sweetness. If you’d like to give it a try, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- 2 20 ounce cans Dole crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.
- Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container; cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags and store bags flat in freezer.
- Freeze 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.
- Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended, in large bowl.
- Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour.
I have heard that this recipe can be a bit too tart, and not sweet enough like the original Dole Whip. If that’s the case, hold off on the citrus juice and go with more pineapple. I would think you could get a similar effect using the ingredients on frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream. Be creative and enjoy!!
Join the Forum discussion on this post
- New Summer Best Bites at Walt Disney World - May 23, 2023
- Loungefly is Releasing New Disney 100 Sketchbook Collection in June! Details below! - May 23, 2023
- Disney Springs Restaurants for Graduation Celebrations - May 22, 2023
2 thoughts on “Beat the Heat with a Home Made Dole Whip! Easy Instructions!”
This recipe is not close, Dole Whip is non-dairy!!!
The recipe doesn’t say it but very soft peakswhen whipping the cream. I got very stiff peaks and the finished product was very lumpy.