From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Heather Concannon
Saddle up for a rustic twist on your next Walt Disney World vacation!
Beginning on July 1, you and your family will have an all-new way to stay in the great outdoors with many of the comforts of home in the newest Disney Vacation Club property, The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort.
The new cabins will be a relaxing retreat nestled in the scenic woodlands of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The first loop will open on July 1 with a second loop opening later in the month, and more throughout the year.
Here are some dates to keep in mind before The Cabins begin opening in July:
- Thursday, Feb. 1 – Disney Vacation Club sales for The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort open to existing members. Members can add-on by contacting their Disney Vacation Club Guide^ or calling sales at (800) 500-3990.
- Thursday, Feb. 15 – Disney Vacation Club Members who have added on points at The Cabins can begin to book stays online at DisneyVacationClub.com or by calling Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
- Tuesday, Feb. 27 – Disney Vacation Club sales for The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort open to the general public.
- Tuesday, March 12 – New Disney Vacation Club Members whose home resort is The Cabins can begin booking online at DisneyVacationClub.com or by calling Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
- Tuesday, April 23 – All Disney Vacation Club members can book stays either online at DisneyVacationClub.com or by calling Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
During your stay at Fort, there are a variety of unique experiences to enjoy. Here are some fan-favorite must-do activities:
1. Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
Clap your hands and stomp your feet at the beloved Disney dinner show, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue.
This rootin’ tootin’ dining experience boasts toe-tapping musical performances from the Pioneer Players and a scrumptious all-you-care-to-enjoy feast! We highly recommend bringing your appetite and making reservations in advance.
Did you know that Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is the longest-running live show at Walt Disney World? This historic experience is a beloved tradition at Fort and will be celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2024.
2. Tri-Circle D Ranch
Did you know that more than 90 horses from all around the Disney World theme parks call Fort Wilderness home?
Tri-Circle-D Ranch has various types of horses, from Cinderella’s elegant ponies to the Headless Horseman’s trusty steed. Everyone can tour parts of the Settlement area barn daily (free of charge), allowing plenty of time for you to learn more about these beautiful animals from our knowledgeable cast members.
Ready to giddy up and go? Take a horseback riding adventure along one of many rustic riding trails, or embark on a carriage ride with the whole family. There is something for animal lovers of all ages. Reservations are recommended and can be made online or via the My Disney Experience app. Pony rides and wagon rides are only available on a walk-in basis.
3. Outdoor Recreational Activities
There’s no better way to immerse yourself in the wilderness than with one of the many outdoor activities available at your fingertips.
You can go on a paddle adventure to explore the many scenic waterways and streams with kayak and canoe rentals, or reel in some fun and try your hand at bass fishing with a guided catch-and-release outing held year-round for guests of all ages.
Suppose you’re looking for something a little less aquatic. In that case, you can jog through the lush meadows and cypress groves or embrace your inner Robin Hood during the Fort Wilderness Archery Experience. We highly recommend making reservations ahead of time for this family-friendly archery class.
Beyond these activities, there are also playgrounds, pools, and sports facilities – a little something for everyone to create their own adventure!
4. Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Campfire Sing-Along
Are you looking for s’more fun? Join everyone’s favorite chipmunks, Chip ‘n’ Dale, and a singing cowboy for an evening of country songs, roasted marshmallows, and a Disney movie under the stars at Chip’ n’ Dale’s Campfire Sing-Along. This nightly celebration is a great way to enjoy some fresh air with your family after a day of play in the theme parks* – plus it is included for all guests staying at the resort.
You can purchase a s’mores kit from the Chuckwagon Snack Bar or bring your own marshmallows and sticks.
Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog as we continue to share more about The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, including when the general public can begin booking their stay at one of the new cabins.
To learn more about Disney Vacation Club visit DisneyVacationClub.com. Members may also call their Disney Vacation Club Guide^.
This advertising material is being used for the purpose of soliciting sales of vacation ownership interests.
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort is not yet fully registered or available for sale. Not an offer in any jurisdiction where registration requirements have not been met. Furnishings and fixtures are subject to change. Certain accommodations, amenities, and activities depicted are not part of the ownership interest and may require an additional cost. Disney Vacation Development, Inc., 1851 Community Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.
^Your assigned Guide may change based on state licensing regulations
- Easter Displays & Grand Cottage Returning to WDW! - February 21, 2024
- Spring Blossoms at the EPCOT Intl Flower & Garden Festival - February 21, 2024
- Disney Eats: Foodie Guide to Women’s History Month 2024 - February 20, 2024