National Cheeseburger Day is coming up pretty fast, September 18th! Planet Hollywood at Disney Springs definitely knows a thing or two about burgers. They have a handful of choices, including the Bacon Mac-n-Cheese burger!
I wanted to share some tips on making the best cheeseburgers from Planet Hollywood’s very own Executive Sous Chef, Rafael Chico.
Tips for making the best cheeseburgers:
- You want your burger to remain juicy, so choose a standard meat, chopped sirloin or chuck — 80/20 is perfect!
- Bind your patties together with eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Special tip: season the meat AFTER you bind the patties together with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Cook burger 5-6 minutes on each side for medium; 8-9 minutes for well done.
- Always toast your buns with a light butter spread as it keeps the sauces from sinking into the bread.
- Some of the best cheeses: smoked gouda, brie, cheddar, and American.
- Some of the best sauces: ketchup, mayo, barbecue, and garlic aioli.
- Toppings can include shredded lettuce, onions, and tomato.
- Don’t forget the bacon
If you don’t feel like cooking, head on over to Planet Hollywood! They’ll make a great burger for you!
- Danny Glover is Santa in “The Naughty Nine” Coming to the Disney Channel - September 28, 2023
- Couple suing Walt Disney World claiming water slide caused ‘painful wedgie,’ injury - September 28, 2023
- Harry Potter Actor, Michael Gambon, Passes Away at 82 - September 28, 2023