From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Disney Parks Blog
Happy World Vegan Day! Today, we’re celebrating this special day by sharing a delicious plant-based Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe with you. This dip is served at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and is made with plant-based cheese substitutes and oat milk and served with house-made chips. This delicious dish makes a wonderful appetizer to share with friends and family for any occasion.
I love the vegetables in this recipe – spinach, artichokes, red bell pepper, and cauliflower! The cauliflower blended with the plant-based cheese makes this dip nice and creamy. As a lover of spinach and artichoke dip myself, I can honestly
say this is one of my favorites. If I hadn’t made it, I wouldn’t have known the cheeses were all plant-based.
When I tested this, I found there were extra cauliflower florets and red bell pepper left over, so I used them as dippers – and they were great! Tortilla chips, pita chips, and carrot sticks make fantastic dippers as well. One quick note for the home cook: plant-based cheese spreads, like the one used in the recipe, all have different water contents. Slowly add the oat milk to get the desired texture on your dip.
This is a great dish to bring to a gathering of plant-based friends and will also be enjoyed by
friends who don’t follow a plant-based diet. Let’s get to the recipe!
PLANT-BASED SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Disney Hollywood Studios
- 1 cup panko-style breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated plant-based Parmesan-style cheese substitute
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/4 cups vegan chive cheese
- Oat milk, as needed
- 1 cup tightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped canned artichokes
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tajin seasoning
- Red pepper strips
- Cauliflower florets
- Carrot sticks
- Pita chips
FOR PANKO TOPPING:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking
sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir breadcrumbs and plant-based
Parmesan-style cheese on baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes, stirring once,
until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Add fresh parsley
and set aside.
- Combine water, onion, and cauliflower
in a small food processor. Purée until smooth; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a small skillet
over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chopped garlic and puréed cauliflower and
cook for 3 minutes. Add plant-based chive cheese and cook, stirring constantly
for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. If dip is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of
oat milk at a time and thin to desired consistency.
- Add spinach, artichokes, and red bell
pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until spinach is wilted, and artichokes are warm.
Season with Tajin.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
Pour warm spinach-artichoke dip into a
small bowl. Sprinkle panko topping on top and serve with vegetables and pita
Always use caution when handling
sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are
helping or nearby.
This recipe has been converted
from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from
the restaurant’s version.
If you’re enjoying a plant-based offering at a Walt Disney World Resort or making your own Disney Parks-inspired dish like this one, remember to share your photo with #DisneyEats. We love seeing all your own foodie adventures.
- Experience Disney+ Holiday Magic at Disney Parks - December 5, 2022
- Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course Reopening This Month with New Touches of Disney Magic - December 5, 2022
- Disney Delivers 75,000 Toys to Children in Need Through the Disney Ultimate Toy Drive - December 5, 2022