From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Shelby Grasser
Happy National Cupcake Day!
Today I’m excited to talk about two of my favorite things: cupcakes and Make-A-Wish.
Although the pandemic presented unique challenges for everyone – wish granters included – we’ve continued granting unforgettable Disney wishes and creating magical experiences for
Make-A-Wish children. From a royal
greeting from Princess Belle to
the inspirational stories shared as part of #TheWishEffect, we’ve seen how a wish unlocks a world of possibilities. We’re honored that Disney has grown to grant half of all Make-A-Wish wishes in the United States and together with Make-A-Wish, we’ve granted more than 145,000 wishes around the world.
A few months ago, we granted a very special wish request from a child who wanted to decorate yummy cupcakes with Chef Minnie. Inspired by this child’s wish, today we’re going to show you
how to make a sweet treat with the help of a special guest: Minnie Mouse, herself! In honor of National Cupcake Day, Chef Minnie and Chef Magaly from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge at Walt Disney World Resort will walk you through decorating your very own Mickey Mouse-themed cupcakes at home.
Before joining in on the fun, make sure that you have all the ingredients ready to go, and a parent to help for younger children. Here’s a list of everything you’ll need to make these delicious treats**:
Ready, set, go!
- First, fill up the piping bag with red buttercream icing, followed by placing the pastry tip inside and carefully cutting the tip
of the bag off.
- Then, fill the bag with red icing and get
ready to begin decorating.
- To decorate, start by icing one “ring” of
buttercream icing on the cupcake.
- Then, place two yellow “buttons” in the front
of the cupcake.
- Almost there! Use the icing bag to add 2-3
rounds of red icing on top.
- Finally, stick two round cookies on the top of
the icing to make Mickey’s ears
Watch below for detailed instructions from Chef Magaly and Chef Minnie.
For more than 40 years, Disney has worked with our friends at Make-A-Wish, whose amazing work creates life-changing experiences for children with critical illnesses. Together, Disney and Make-A-Wish have granted more than 145,000 Disney wishes globally. From sailing aboard a Disney cruise, to opening the gates of Disneyland park, to decorating cupcakes with Minnie like you’ve seen today, no two wishes are ever the same.
Enjoy your sweet treats! For more fun, at-home crafts and activities, stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog and @DisneyParks on social.
** Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents.
Please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
- Celebrate Minnie Mouse and National Polka Dot Day with @MinnieStyle Presents: Virtual Polka Dot Retreat Hosted on Instagram and Inspired by our Favorite Lifestyle Muse - January 22, 2022
- A Most Magical Finish: Three-Time Paralympian Wins Division of Walt Disney World Marathon Dopey Challenge Six Years In A Row - January 21, 2022
- Today is the Day! Lunar New Year Celebration is Back at Disney California Adventure Park, Now Through Feb. 13, 2022 - January 21, 2022