From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Kelsey Lynch
Guess what, Disneyland fans?! Disneyland After Dark events are returning to the Disneyland Resort in 2022! We’re thrilled to bring back Sweethearts’ Nite, Villains Nite and Star Wars Nite, offering more nights than ever before of each of these awesome limited-time, after-hours events!
For anyone who might need a refresher, Disneyland After Dark events take place after regular park hours and feature unique themes, fun festivities, special nighttime entertainment, access to most attractions* with reduced wait times and so much more! You’ll experience special offerings that are not typically available during a regular park visit.
With each separately ticketed Disneyland After Dark event, you get four hours of non-stop fun after the parks close to day guests. Plus, you’ll get even more time to play during the three-hour pre-party mix-in at the same park as the event takes place in, which is included with each ticket!
Additionally, at each of these events, you’ll receive unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos** taken during the party, plus commemorative keepsakes including a souvenir credential and event guide map, so you’ll have lots of fun ways to remember your Disneyland After Dark experience!
Here are the details for each of the upcoming themed nights:
Feb. 1, 3, 8, 10 and 14, 2022, at Disneyland Park
(Tickets on sale on Disneyland.com, beginning Dec. 9, 2021, no earlier than noon PT)
Sweethearts’ Nite will be hosted at Disneyland park on five separate evenings in Feb. 2022. There’s sure to be heartfelt fun for everyone as Valentine’s Day is celebrated during Sweethearts’ Nite. Here’s some of what you can expect:
- A special themed fireworks show
- Projection effects on Sleeping Beauty Castle and Main Street, U.S.A.
- A jazz ensemble aboard the Mark Twain Riverboat, plus other live entertainment, including a Royal Ball and a dance party with a DJ
- Spot the most darling Disney couples, and take selfies with your favorites
- Fun photo opportunities featuring romantic scenes from iconic Disney films
- Lovely décor, along with food and beverage offerings around the park
- Plus, early admission to Disneyland park starting at 5 p.m., no theme park reservation required
March 8 and 10, 2022, at Disney California Adventure Park
(Tickets on sale on Disneyland.com, beginning Jan. 11, 2022)
At Villains Nite, you’ll get to party with some of Disney’s most mischievous misfits at Disney California Adventure park. These wonderfully wicked events will take place on two separate evenings in March 2022, and include:
- The Cauldron, a cunningly-crafted cabaret featuring a cast of villainous virtuosos showing off their talents through song and dance
- Ursula’s Seaside Sing-a-long, where you can find your voice and sing along
- The Underworld Dance Party, which allows you to bust a move at a dastardly DJ dance party in the Hollywood Backlot
- Special photo backdrops, featuring scenes inspired by some favorite villains
- Some of Disney’s famously nefarious fiends – or their henchmen – at special locations around the park
- Delightfully decadent food and beverage offerings
- Early admission to Disney California Adventure park beginning at 5 p.m., no theme park reservation required
May 3, 4 and 27, 2022, at Disneyland Park
(Tickets on sale on Disneyland.com, beginning Jan. 11, 2022)
Star Wars Nite will be the ultimate Star Wars extravaganza, packed with galactic fun on three separate nights at Disneyland park in May 2022. Highlights of Star Wars Nite include:
- An amazing pyrotechnical spectacle that will illuminate the skies with a Star Wars-themed fireworks show
- March of the First Order, featuring Captain Phasma and her elite unit of Stormtroopers
- A Galactic dance party
- Sightings of various Star Wars characters throughout the evening
- Star Wars-themed attractions, usually with shorter wait times
- Star Wars-themed eats and treats, merchandise, photo opportunities, and more
- Plus, early admission to Disneyland park starting at 6 p.m., no theme park reservation required
If you previously purchased a ticket for the 2020 Disneyland After Dark: Villains Nite or Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite events, you can exchange your 2020 event ticket(s) to one of the nights of the new event of the same theme (e.g., exchange 2020 Villains Nite ticket for ticket to Villains Nite on March 8 or 10, 2022, or exchange 2020 Star Wars Nite ticket for ticket to Star Wars Nite on May 3 or 4, 2022, respectively) anytime from today through Jan. 8, 2022. An exchange for a 2020 Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite ticket for a ticket to the May 27, 2022, Star Wars Nite can be made, but with an additional fee equal to the difference in price of the 2020 and 2022 tickets. Visit Disneyland.com/ExtrasUpdates for more information. Simply call Guest Information Ticket Sales at (714) 300-7807 by Jan. 8, 2022, to make that exchange. Disneyland After Dark tickets purchased in 2020 will not be valid for admission to any event and must be exchanged to participate in an event.
If you do not wish to exchange your 2020 Disneyland After Dark event ticket to the new event dates or you missed the exchange window, you may call (714) 300-7807 for your options.
Visit Disneyland.com/DisneylandAfterDark for additional details for these upcoming Disneyland After Dark events. Parking fees are not included in the ticket price. A limited quantity of tickets for each event will be available, so be sure to snag tickets as soon as they go on sale!
*Certain attractions, experiences, and offerings will not be available during the events. Please check the event’s webpage for updated information. Available experiences, attractions, and offerings may be modified and limited in availability, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. No refunds given for any changes or cancellations whether due to inclement weather or otherwise.
**Disney PhotoPass service is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms and expiration policy found at Disneyland.com/photopass-terms-conditions/. Online registration required.
The number of tickets available for each event are limited, and event tickets are valid only for the specific event date and hours. Parking fees are not included in the ticket price. Tickets must be purchased online and are not available on the day of the event. Limit eight (8) tickets per person, per event date, and no discounts apply. Tickets not required for guests ages 2 and under. Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable and may not be resold or transferred for commercial use. Costumes are subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive; please check special event costume guidelines at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/ for restrictions. Offer, event and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort, including the latest updates on required face coverings.
- Celebrate Minnie Mouse and National Polka Dot Day with @MinnieStyle Presents: Virtual Polka Dot Retreat Hosted on Instagram and Inspired by our Favorite Lifestyle Muse - January 22, 2022
- A Most Magical Finish: Three-Time Paralympian Wins Division of Walt Disney World Marathon Dopey Challenge Six Years In A Row - January 21, 2022
- Today is the Day! Lunar New Year Celebration is Back at Disney California Adventure Park, Now Through Feb. 13, 2022 - January 21, 2022