From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Kelsey Lynch
With the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort beginning on Nov. 12, the countdown to the all-new, after-hours event Disney Merriest Nites is also underway! For those of you that purchased tickets to this special new event coming to Disneyland park on select nights during November and December, I wanted to share tips to help you make the most of your experience!
1. Arrive early and play inside Disneyland park!
A ticket to Disney Merriest Nites* gives you access to Disneyland park beginning at 5 p.m. on event nights, three hours before the event officially begins. Be sure to take advantage of the mix-in time before the party starts at 8 p.m. to enjoy seasonal entertainment, décor, and favorite attractions!
2. Plan to attend all six themed holiday parties!
With all the exciting new offerings specifically for Disney Merriest Nites partygoers, we know you’ll want to see and do it all! A little planning ahead of time will help you make the most of all “six holiday parties in one” during the event. Here’s a sampling of what you can expect to see and do:
- Victorian-themed party on Main Street, U.S.A. – Visit with the host of the party, Mickey Mouse, enjoy holly-jolly carolers, and even join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and their friends for Christmas carols, Muppet antics, and a few chickens
- Feliz Navidad Party in Frontierland – Sing, dance and enjoy a jolly fiesta with Miguel from the Disney•Pixar film, “Coco”
- New Orleans Holiday in New Orleans Square – Join Tiana for tinsel and tunes, which includes a holiday jazz cruise on the Mark Twain Riverboat
- “Frozen”-Themed Party in Fantasyland – Enjoy a flurry of festivities with Elsa in this wintertime celebration – you may even spot Anna, and Olaf, too
- Tropical Party in Adventureland – Delight in a tropical celebration with Lilo and Stitch
- Tomorrowland Party in Tomorrowland –Take your holidays to new heights as you party with Buzz Lightyear while a DJ spins fun tunes
3. Nosh the night away on festive holiday treats created just for Disney Merriest Nites
In addition to all the incredible eats and treats that have been created for this year’s holiday season around the resort (more on that, soon!), Disney chefs have also curated more than 20 specialty items just for Disney Merriest Nites! Each of the six parties will have food and beverage items themed specifically to that party available for you to enjoy.
Savory items include the Andouille Sausage Po’ Boy at French Market and the Thanksgiving Leftover Burger at Galactic Grill. For a sweet treat, you’ll want to grab the Sipping Chocolate with Dipping Waffle over at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café or perhaps the Dulce de Leche-drizzled Christmas Churro at the Hub Churro Cart on Main Street, U.S.A. Other Disney Merriest Nites items include the Paradise Party Float from The Tropical Hideaway, Remember Me Cinnamon Fry Bread at Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante and the Frozen Flurry from Red Rose Taverne. No matter how you choose to indulge, feasting on these festive foods will be a highlight of your experience!
And don’t forget to take advantage of mobile food ordering on the Disneyland app**; plan ahead and save time!
4. Bring home the holiday magic with Disney Merriest Nites event merchandise
Festive apparel, a tumbler and a limited-release pin commemorating the first-ever Disney Merriest Nites event will be available for purchase inside Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland. The mobile waitlist system may be used, as quantities of Disney Merriest Nites merchandise is limited. If the mobile waitlist is activated, you can add your name and phone number and receive a text back when it’s your turn to enter Launch Bay to check out these items! In addition to the event-specific merchandise, many other seasonal products will also be available for purchase at select locations around Disneyland park during the event.
5. Capture all your memories with Disney PhotoPass photographers
As a reminder, access to unlimited Disney PhotoPass*** digital downloads from your Disney Merriest Nites experience is included with your ticket! That means Disney PhotoPass photographers will be available to snap your photos in multiple locations, including iconic spots like Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle and at the 60-foot-tall Christmas tree on Main Street, U.S.A.
Additionally, each of the six parties will have its own themed photo backdrop designed by artists previously seen at WonderGround Gallery in Downtown Disney District.
6. Enjoy select attractions with shorter wait times
With your Disney Merriest Nites ticket, you will be able to ride select attractions in Disneyland park with less time waiting in line, due to the limited number of guests attending the event. Featured attractions**** available during the event will include two seasonal favorites, Haunted Mansion Holiday and “it’s a small world” Holiday.
And don’t forget – you’ll also be able to enjoy a special nighttime viewing of “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade at 9:30 p.m.!
If you have your tickets, we hope you’re as excited as we are to check out the all-new Disney Merriest Nites after-hours event! Which party do you plan to check out, first? Tell us below, in the comments!
*Entertainment, experiences, attractions, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability, or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice.
**Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.
***Disney PhotoPass is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms and expiration policy found at Disneyland.com/photopass-terms-conditions/. Online registration required.
****Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Mickey’s Toontown and Critter Country will not be accessible during the party.
Event tickets valid only for the specific event date and hours. Event and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort, including the latest updates on required face coverings.
- 10 New Things to Be Excited For in Disney Dreamlight Valley! - December 5, 2023
- 5 Cookie Recipes to Celebrate National Cookie Day - December 4, 2023
- Disneyland Resort Announces Event Dates and More for 2024 - December 4, 2023