From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Donna Fisk
As the spooky season approaches, ghouls and goblins of all ages are preparing to celebrate as Halloween Time returns once again to Disneyland Resort! And if you and your family have tickets to Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party at Disney California Adventure park, you’re definitely in for a wickedly good time.
Here is your guide to this year’s after-hours Halloween extravaganza:
Arrival – The party starts at 6:00 p.m. and lasts until 11:00 p.m., but your party ticket also gives you the opportunity to enter Disney California Adventure as early as 3:00 p.m. . Parking can be purchased on the day of the event or online prior to arrival. Be sure to utilize available theme park parking. Toy Story shuttles will extend operating hours for this event.
Planning Tip! If you have little ones, don’t forget your stroller or pick one up at the stroller rentals located outside the Disneyland park Main Entrance and inside the Pixar Pals parking structure.
What Not To Miss – Oogie Boogie has cast his spell at Disney California Adventure Park and he is inviting “Bash” guests to an evening of family friendly fun and unforgettable experiences.
- Mickey’s Trick & Treat – Sized just right for little monsters, this interactive stage production invites kids tall and small to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a frightfully fun Halloween party! Youngsters and those young at heart will enjoy dancing and not-so-frightening scary-tales at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
- Immersive Treat Trails – Take your tots trick-or-treating at treat trails throughout the park featuring Mars Wrigley confectionery products. Keep your eyes peeled for favorite villains and some new additions as well. The treat trails are the perfect venues to strut your costumed self!
- “Frightfully Fun Parade” – Children will love dancing along to this fan-favorite parade! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow starts the procession of cheery chills and thrills, followed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead a cavalcade of Disney characters and mischievous villains. “Frightfully Fun Parade” is presented twice nightly at 7:45 p.m. and 10:00p.m.
While You’re Here – With your ticket to Oogie Boogie Bash, you will also be able to explore Disney California Adventure park, including the all-new Avengers Campus! Mosey on over to Cars Land, where a not-so-scary Halloween transformation takes place. Look for your favorite four-wheeled friends decked out in their “car-stumes” and take a spin on Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree. Also check out the family-friendly attractions along Pixar Pier, including Jessie’s Critter Carousel, Toy Story Midway Mania! and Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind.
What To Wear – Start planning your costumes as this is definitely a dress-to-impress affair, whether your style is scary or sparkly!* And it’s not just for kids! Everyone can come dressed as their favorite characters – princesses and pirates welcome!
Dining – Treat the family to a favorite meal or snack at the themed eateries open during the party including Smokejumpers Grill in Grizzly Peak and Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café on Buena Vista Street. Or snack on lighter fare at Angry Dogs or Corn Dog Castle. Check the Disneyland App for dining hours.
Also available for ultimate family memories is Wine Country Trattoria Oogie Boogie Bash Parade Dining!** Enjoy a delicious three course meal, then head over to reserved standing viewing area for the parade. Reservations for dining at the restaurant can be made for Wine Country Trattoria on any date of the Oogie Boogie Bash subject to availability at Disneyland.com/Dining. Upon arrival, let the host know you want to upgrade to this dining experience, which is subject to availability, and must be made in person. Oogie Boogie Bash tickets are required for this dining package, and will need to be shown for verification at the location.
Event Photos – Unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads from the night are included with your admission to Oogie Boogie Bash, so don’t forget to scan your event admission ticket into the Disneyland app to access them***. With the help of Disney PhotoPass photographers located throughout the party, it’s easier than ever to capture your frightfully fun memories – with the whole family in the photo.
Merchandise – Shopping is part of the fun! Be sure to look for new Halloween items to spice up your wardrobe for the not-so-scary season! There’s a new collection of Mickey and Minnie Pumpkin Spirit Jerseys as well as a cute and festive checkered Minnie Mouse ear headband. There’s also a ”Hocus Pocus” Mini Loungefly backpack and “Hocus Pocus” Spirit Jersey. And, to commemorate your party night, Oogie Boogie Bash themed t-shirts, tumblers and pins are also available, while supplies last.
Have a spook-tacular time!
*Costumes are subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive; please check special event costume guidelines at Disneyland.com/faq/parks/dress for restrictions. Offer and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.
**Separate ticket to Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party required to attend the Halloween party including to view the Frightfully Fun Parade. Special dining packages and menus subject to change or cancellation without notice.
***Photos can be downloaded from your Disney account as often as desired, for 45 days after initial capture. Disney PhotoPass is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms and expiration policy. Online registration required. Disney PhotoPass photos must be linked to your Disney account to be downloaded.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort with Glowing Beacon of Magic, Tantalizing Treats, Stunning ‘Disney Fab 50’ Statues and More - October 28, 2021
- Attending Disney Merriest Nites at Disneyland Park? Six Tips for Ticket Holders to have a Merry Good Time - October 27, 2021
- Foodie Guide to Holidays at Disney Springs and Parks at Walt Disney World Resort - October 26, 2021