From the Universal Orlando Blog and written by: UMedia
Guests Can Get Their Claws on Jurassic World-Dedicated Merchandise in a Specially Themed Environment Inspired by Jurassic World VelociCoaster and Other Iconic Elements from the Hit Jurassic World Franchise
As Universal Orlando Resort prepares to launch Jurassic World VelociCoaster on June 10, guests will have the opportunity to enter the iconic Jurassic World gates and purchase new merchandise in a one-of-a-kind themed environment at the Summer Tribute Store, opening May 27 at Universal Studios Florida.
A customizable retail space typically used to celebrate various Universal Orlando events, this Tribute Store will be the first one Universal has ever created to celebrate an all-new attraction and an epic film franchise. Featuring highly-themed rooms inspired by the blockbuster films, including the Control Room, Raptor Paddock, and Lab – the retail location will be the one-stop-shop for guests to stock up on all of their Jurassic World gear, such as apparel, collectible items, themed food and beverage and more. Guests can also browse new collections based on Mr. DNA, the hit animated series – Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, and custom items made exclusively for Universal that can’t be found anywhere else.
Surrounded by lush landscaping, the iconic Jurassic World entry gates will welcome guests to the Summer Tribute Store, and upon entering, they’ll encounter:
- Control Room: The first room transports guests to the Jurassic World VelociCoaster control room, where they’ll analyze a variety of dinosaur vitals while they shop new merchandise centered around the thrilling new coaster experience.
- Raptor Paddock: Those brave enough to enter the Raptor paddock may see a member of the Raptor pack as they shop the new “Into the Wild” and “Tropical” merchandise lines. “Into the Wild” features dinosaur-themed, neutral-colored items like spirit jerseys, socks and key chains, while the “Tropical” line features trendy tie-dye hoodies, beach hats and bright summer-colored items.
- Lab: See where dinosaurs were created and get a behind-the-scenes look at rare, authentic props that were used in the original “Jurassic Park” films. Here, fans can check-out the new Mr. DNA merchandise that includes stickers and tumblers.
Plus, guests can get up close with a few gentle giants, including a Triceratops, while shopping the all-new Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous merchandise, inspired by the popular animated series. Guests can also grab a “human treat” with fun food and beverage offerings – from Jurassic World VelociCoaster s’mores and cupcakes to chocolate dinosaur eggshells and a “Dig-In” dessert jar filled with decadent chocolate cake and frosting.
Guests can also browse an assortment of Jurassic World-themed merchandise and make purchases online by visiting Universal Orlando’s Online Merchandise Store at www.shop.UniversalOrlando.com.
On Thursday, June 10, the highly-anticipated Jurassic World VelociCoaster officially opens at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. This all-new species of roller coaster sends guests on an epic coaster experience through the Raptor paddock, into the air, just inches above water, and more as they race alongside the Velociraptor pack. They’ll encounter a series of intense maneuvers along the coaster’s 4,700 feet of track, including near-misses, a barrel roll right above the Islands of Adventure lagoon, high-speed launches – the fastest reaching 70 mph in 2.4 seconds – and the signature “Top Hat,” which propels riders 155 feet in the air and then immediately into an 80-degree drop – Universal’s steepest drop yet.
For more information, visit www.universalorlando.com.
- Memorial Day 2023: Disney Honors Fallen Military Heroes - May 29, 2023
- Disney ‘TRON’ Ride’s Siren is Childhood Dream Realized for Actress Faren Collins - May 27, 2023
- New Disney SpellStruck Word Game Now On Apple Arcade - May 26, 2023