From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Sarah Harris
It’s the virtual race weekend you’ve been looking for – the runDisney Virtual 2021 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend presented by OtterBox has arrived. Prepare to choose your side as the battle between the dark side and the light side will ensue one more time. Runners are getting ready to run through a galaxy of their choice while celebrating many of the Star Wars saga’s greatest icons. We’ve rounded up a few ways to help you stay on target to have the most adventurous virtual race weekend ever.
Most Impressive Race Weekend Tips
Whether you band together like the Rebellion or go solo on your own virtual adventure,
we have a few tools to help have a good time with your at-home miles. Add a galactic touch to your miles when you download our virtual race kit featuring mile markers and a “Start Line” and “Finish Line.”
- Registered runners can download theirs by heading to the “Manage Account” section on the runDisney website. From the dashboard, click on “Your Registrations” and select Star Wars Rival Run Weekend.
- Completed your virtual journey? Share your #StarWarsRivalRunVirtual experience in social with these specially designed graphics for each race event. Download these videos to share with friends and family what event you’re running and that you finished your virtual miles. Add even more magic to your posts with our themed Giphy stickers, perfect for sharing “I Did It!.”
Galactic runDisney Style
Get ready to channel your inner Force during your virtual race weekend when you add some Star Wars-inspired attire to your run. Head over to shopDisney.com to pick up some last minute gear from the runDisney collection, inspired by the powerful stories and characters from the Star Wars galaxy. If you’re feeling a little crafty, add a touch of “snips” to your race day outfit with this Ahsoka-inspired running headband.
Complete your virtual race day with the Star Wars
collection phone cases from OtterBox,
official race weekend presenting sponsor. As the official protective case of Walt Disney Resort, and the official presenting sponsor for the virtual Star
Wars Rival Run Weekend, OtterBox has designed exclusive cases that will inspire your galactic journey, no matter the distance.
Find the Motivation You’re Looking For
Be sure you move along, runners, with a few ways to pump up your race day motivation. We’ve teamed up with our friends at Walt Disney Records to pull together a playlist featuring music from the Star Wars films, perfect for your at-home miles. Get motivated to run by downloading the playlist via Spotify.
Prepare yourself on race day to set your sights on the Finish Line with motivational Star Wars-inspired ‘cheer cards’ for along your race route. Take inspiration with words from the Star Wars characters found in this year’s race themes as you create your signs to strategically place along key miles of your route.
runDisney Training Tips
Has there been an awakening in your runDisney training plans? Gear up for your Virtual Star Wars Rival Run Weekend event with these Star Wars-inspired workouts from AdventHealth, official medical provider of runDisney.
No matter which side you choose to run with, the final journey of the Star Wars Rival Run Weekend will truly bring out the Jedi (or Sith) in each of you. Planning to join us for this epic virtual event? Fulfill your destiny to the finish line and share your experience in social using #StarWarsRivalRunVirtual.
May the Force (and medals) be with you!
- 10 ‘Frozen’ WDW Photo Ops with Disney PhotoPass Service - November 27, 2023
- Disneyland Man Arrested After Stripping In its a small world - November 27, 2023
- Universal Hollywood Offers Top Holiday Gift-Giving Favorites - November 26, 2023