From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Valerie Lee
As we’ve previously announced, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks plan to reopen to guests on April 30, 2021. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Disneyland Resort, including our hotel guests! Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will reopen on April 29, 2021 with limited capacity, and you can book your room reservations starting April 15, 2021! The Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will reopen at a later date.
Relax with an overnight stay enjoying attentive service in a magical place with amenities reserved just for you – steps from the gateway of the Downtown Disney District to Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park.
Bringing the same enchanting Disney magic, quality and genuine hospitality you have come to know and expect, you will enjoy convenient proximity to the theme parks,* well-appointed accommodations, sparkling pools, cabana service and even special Disney character wake-up calls by request! During your stay, be sure to grab a delicious bite and refreshing drink at GCH Craftsman Bar and Grill or at Hearthstone Lounge, with sit-down dining and new mobile order options available.
If you’re heading to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, here are five things you need to know before your arrival!
- Check-in online before you arrive to the hotel to save you time, while also promoting physical distancing (you can even check-in online up to five days in advance!). A link to use the online check-in service will be emailed to you before your visit. If you don’t have a Disney account, you’ll need to create one at Disneyland.com to get started.
- Review the new Health & Safety Acknowledgement prior to your arrival. This is located on the Hotels “Know Before You Go” webpage.
- Once you arrive, if you have used the online check-in service and have agreed to receive text messages, you can receive a text message when your room is ready. Just stop by the Front Desk to pick up your key. For easy and contactless payments throughout your stay, you can pay for purchases at Disney-operated locations throughout the Resort using your hotel room key with a valid credit card on file. Other forms of cashless payment include debit cards, credit cards, Disney Gift Cards and tap-to-pay cards. Please check locations for the types of payment accepted.
- Download the Disneyland app, which will play a more important role than ever during your stay. It’s strongly encouraged to plan ahead and utilize mobile ordering for food and beverage purchases from select locations, as well as to check park hours, view maps and other important resort updates. Be sure to download ahead of time, and have your notification and location services turned on your phone.**
- The morning of check-out, there is no need to visit the Front Desk, unless you receive a message or if you have a question. You will be automatically checked out for your convenience.
Just a reminder! If you are planning to visit a theme park during your stay, you will need a valid theme park ticket and a park reservation for the same park on the same date. Theme park reservations need to be made separately, and a Disney account is required. At this time, only California residents in party sizes no larger than 3 households may visit the theme parks, per state guidance. Here’s a tip: if you plan to visit the theme parks, make your theme park reservation first before booking your hotel room, as a resort hotel room reservation does not guarantee theme park access. For room reservations and travel packages, visit Disneyland.com, call (714) 956-MICKEY or contact your travel professional starting April 15, 2021 for stays beginning April 29, 2021.
The Disneyland Resort is committed to your health and well-being, so we have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures and the measures mentioned above. During the phased reopening, some hotel services, dining, amenities, activities, and offerings may be modified, limited in capacity or unavailable in order to accommodate physical distancing. Guest ages 2 and older must wear an appropriate face covering in public areas at the hotel, including those who have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Guests may remove their face covering while swimming or actively eating or drinking, but must be stationary when consuming food or beverages, and maintain proper physical distancing. For other health and safety guidelines, please be sure to visit Disneyland.com or the Disneyland app for the latest details.
At Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, take in the tranquility of the towering trees, the breathtaking Craftsman-style architecture, the incomparable location and the impeccable Disney service, and you’re sure to make magical memories with your family.
We thank you for joining us, and we can’t wait for you to be our guest!
*Hotel reservations do not guarantee theme park access. To enter a park, a park reservation and a valid admission ticket is required.
**Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.