From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Idalis Mercado
The magic is here and we want to help you find it! Tweens who step into The Most Magical Place on Earth are in for the coolest vacation ever. Of course, there are roller coasters and thrill attractions of all kinds, and there’s much more. With so many classic and new experiences, check out these top 10 ways for families and friends to spring into summer while visiting Walt Disney World Resort:
1. The Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival Blooms Through July 5 – The festival combines the freshest flowers and flavors from around the world. Featuring fun for the whole family from garden-inspired cuisine to character topiaries and new Orange Bird merchandise to complement any selfie. Guests who miss this festival have no reason to worry. On July 15, the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival will kick off and run through Nov. 20. It will also offer plenty of family-friendly fun. More details will be announced at a later date.
2. Splash into Fun at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park – This wintry-themed water park is celebrating the best summer ever in splashy style. Enjoy family fun together with big thrills for the kids and places for parents to relax.
3. Discover Paradise at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – The tropical oasis along the shores of Seven Seas Lagoon is now accepting bookings for late July 2021. The reimagined guest rooms will surround guests with details, patterns and textures inspired by the hit Walt Disney Animation Studios film “Moana.”
4. Check Out the Royal Makeover of Cinderella Castle – The treasured icon at the heart of Magic Kingdom Park now features bold, shimmering and regal enhancements befitting its royal status, making a great photo backdrop with family and friends.
5. Celebrate the Magic of Nature – Explore Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, an immersive land featuring massive floating mountains, bioluminescent rainforests and unbelievable experiences including Avatar Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey. And from April 18 to 24, the park will connect guests with the magic of nature through Earth Week activities designed to educate, entertain and inspire the whole family.
6. Find Disney Characters in New Places – From cavalcades to caravans to flotillas and even special “pop-up” appearances, guests of all ages can discover favorite friends at all four theme parks and occasional special surprise appearances at Disney Resort hotels.
7. Step into Your Own Adventure – At Disney’s Hollywood Studios guests can step through a movie screen and into the cartoon world of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. They can also embark on an adventure in a galaxy far, far away at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the immersive, award-winning land featuring two thrilling attractions: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
8. Here for the Food – Foodie options are limitless! Whether sitting for a family meal or snacking in-between attractions, food is another reason to visit Walt Disney World. Enjoy a family-style meal at Chef Mickey’s with Mickey and his pals at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, or check out Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera at Disney’s Riviera Resort for fun character dining during Breakfast à la Art with Mickey & Friends and a beautiful view of Walt Disney World. EPCOT is another great place to grab a quick bite … or two … or three! The Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival offers more than 20 Outdoor Kitchens where guests can sample tastes and sips as diverse as Avocado Toast and a Maple Popcorn Shake. Top off the experience with classic Disney Parks snacks – buttery popcorn and the classic Mickey Ice Cream Bar are Walt Disney World theme park favorites.
9. Stroll, Dine and Shop for the Perfect Gift at Disney Springs – Guests visiting this shopping, dining and entertainment destination have plenty of new options to satisfy even the most demanding tastes. Disney Style is the latest fashion-forward merchandise spot with a twist. Here, fashionistas find a curated assortment of trendy apparel and accessories inspired by beloved Disney characters and attractions. Tweens looking for a sweet treat can grab a handcrafted, photo-worthy donut at the newly opened Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew.
10. Relax Outdoors – Central Florida weather is traditionally gorgeous this time of year, and Walt Disney World offers special ways to enjoy outdoor recreation, including miniature golf, fishing expeditions, horseback riding and more.
Families can add extra theme park magic to their upcoming visit to Walt Disney World Resort. Guests that book a non-discounted four-night/three-day room and ticket package at select Disney Resort hotels for arrivals most nights now through Sept. 25, 2021, will receive an additional two days added to their theme park tickets. More information is available at DisneyWorld.com/ExtraDays.
- New Disney Wish Exhibit Now Open at the Walt Disney Presents Attraction in Disney’s Hollywood Studios - October 15, 2021
- Disneyland Resort Holiday Sneak Peek: First Look at Mickey and Minnie’s Festive Fashions and New Holiday Merchandise - October 15, 2021
- Celebrity Narrators Return to Candlelight Processional Along with Other Joyous Traditions During EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays Presented by AdventHealth - October 15, 2021