From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Karen McClintock
Corned beef is a dish long associated with St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in America, and our chefs at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park have created a fun recipe to get your corned beef fix for this Irish holiday.
Our St. Patrick’s Day Reuben Totchos, offered through Mar. 17 at Restaurantosaurus, are crispy potato barrels loaded with cheddar cheese sauce, sautéed corned beef, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, and crunchy rye croutons – yes, please!
Enjoy this easy
and delish recipe for St. Patrick’s Day or whenever you want to celebrate the
spirit of the Irish.
St. Patrick’s Day Reuben Totchos from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- 2 slices marble rye bread
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen potato barrels
- 1 (15 ounce) jar cheddar cheese sauce
- 2 cups canned or bagged sauerkraut
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 pound sliced top round corned beef
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
FOR REUBEN TOTCHOS:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut marble rye bread into
1/4-inch cubes. Place on baking sheet and cook for 5-7 minutes, until toasted.
- Combine Thousand Island dressing and whole grain
mustard in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook frozen potato barrels according to package
directions and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Heat cheddar cheese sauce in small saucepan over
medium-low heat, until warm. Keep warm.
- Heat sauerkraut in medium saucepan over medium
heat for 8 minutes, until warm. Remove from heat and cool for 3 minutes. If
needed, drain any excess liquid. Stir in shredded green cabbage. Set aside.
- Slice corned beef into thin strips. Heat large
skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until hot. Add corned beef and
sauté for 3 minutes, until corned beef is warm and edges begin to crisp.
- Place potato barrels on large serving dish and
cover with warm cheddar cheese sauce. Top with warm corned beef and sauerkraut.
Drizzle with Thousand Island dressing. Top with toasted rye bread and sliced
Note: Always use
caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children
who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger
quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the
connected with Disney Parks Blog for more delicious
Disney recipes, and be sure to share the magic with other Disney fans using the
hashtag #DisneyMagicMoments. Happy cooking!
- Experience Disney+ Holiday Magic at Disney Parks - December 5, 2022
- Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course Reopening This Month with New Touches of Disney Magic - December 5, 2022
- Disney Delivers 75,000 Toys to Children in Need Through the Disney Ultimate Toy Drive - December 5, 2022