From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Jeremy
EARidescent moments and other surprises await guests during 18-month 50th anniversary event
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Feb. 19, 2021) – On Oct. 1, 1971, Walt Disney World Resort officially opened to guests for the first time, the culmination of years spent imagining, planning and developing Walt Disney’s magical dream. In the five decades since, the vacation destination continued to expand with new stories and characters and adventures to cherish for a lifetime. And now with a major milestone approaching, guests can share in “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” beginning Oct. 1, 2021, in honor of the resort’s 50th anniversary.
This 18-month celebratory event will feature new experiences at the resort’s four theme parks and beyond, where shimmering EARidescent décor will appear as if by magic. Shining at the center of it all will be Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park, which will add to its royal makeover from 2020 with new gold bunting, sparkling golden embellishments and other new enhancements, including a 50th anniversary crest warmly welcoming guests to the join the festivities.
Beacons of Magic at All Four Walt Disney World Theme Parks
As part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” icons at each Walt Disney World theme park will transform into magnificent Beacons of Magic at night, coming to life with their own EARidescent glow.
- Cinderella Castle will illuminate Magic Kingdom with a dazzling radiance that sparkles with pixie dust.
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, a warm light will emanate from the Tree of Life as magical fireflies gather to usher in the magic of nature.
- The Hollywood Tower Hotel at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be awash in a brilliance evoking the golden age of imagination and adventure.
- And at EPCOT, new lights will shine across the reflective panels of Spaceship Earth, connecting to one another in a symbol of optimism resembling stars in a nighttime sky. The iconic structure’s permanent new lighting will continue beyond “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” as a defining feature of the park.
Mickey and Minnie: Dressed for the Occasion
As hosts of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be dressed in sparkling new looks, custom-made for this special occasion. Highlights of these celebratory designs include beautifully embroidered impressions of Cinderella Castle backed by fireworks, as well as a brocade in multi-toned, EARidescent fabric – all punctuated with pops of gold.
Joining Mickey and Minnie, Walt Disney World cast members will be at the heart of this event. They will demonstrate yet again why they are renowned for their commitment to service, consistently exceeding guests’ expectations by going above and beyond to make visits to The Most Magical Place on Earth special.
Stay tuned for more updates as we see them!
- A Most Magical Finish: Three-Time Paralympian Wins Division of Walt Disney World Marathon Dopey Challenge Six Years In A Row - January 21, 2022
- Today is the Day! Lunar New Year Celebration is Back at Disney California Adventure Park, Now Through Feb. 13, 2022 - January 21, 2022
- New Playset Fun Coming to Toy Story Land in 2022! - January 19, 2022