From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Karen McClintock
Holidays are truly sweet at Marceline’s Confectionery, a delightful candy shop named after the small Missouri town where Walt lived as a boy, located at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort.
The talented candy makers have been busy dipping apples, crisped rice cereal treats, and marshmallows into warm chocolate, with some confections getting a second dip into creamy caramel. The candy makers then artfully embellish with holiday candies to create adorable treats almost too cute to eat!
As a sweet gift to our Disney Parks Blog readers, we asked the candy makers to give us their recipe for Peppermint Marshmallow Wands, an easy (and yummy) holiday recipe the entire family can make and enjoy at home.
All of these delicious offerings will be available through Jan. 3, 2021, or until supplies last.
Happy Holidays from our Disney Kitchens!
Minnie Holiday Crispy: Crisped rice cereal treat dipped in milk chocolate decorated with red sanding sugar, green candy-coated chocolate candies, and a red chocolate bow with green polka dots.
Minnie Holiday Apple: Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel and milk chocolate decorated with red sanding sugar, green candy-coated chocolate candies, and a red chocolate bow with green polka dots.
Mickey Snowman Apple: Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel and vanilla white chocolate decorated with dark chocolate, sour belt scarf, and chocolate top hat.
Peppermint Marshmallow Wand: Fluffy marshmallows dipped in caramel and dark chocolate covered in crushed peppermint candy.
Peppermint Marshmallow Wands
Downtown Disney District
- 2 (12 ounce) jars hot caramel topping
- 8 large lollipop sticks
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (10-ounce bag) dark melting chocolate
- 1 cup crushed peppermints (15 candy canes, crushed)
- Melt caramel in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Keep warm.
- Dip one end of each lollipop stick in 1 inch of water. Skewer 3 marshmallows onto each stick, starting at the wet end.
- Dip marshmallows into caramel, gently tapping to remove excess caramel and place on parchment paper. Cool caramel at room temperature for 30 minutes, until caramel is set.
- Melt dark chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat. Keep warm.
- Place crushed peppermint in shallow bowl.
- Dip caramel-coated marshmallows into melted dark chocolate, gently tapping to remove excess chocolate. Gently roll wand in crushed peppermint; place on clean parchment paper. Repeat for all wands.
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, until chocolate is set.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Stay connected with Disney Parks Blog for more delicious Disney recipes and be sure to share the magic with other Disney fans using the hashtag #DisneyMagicMoments.
- Chef Mo Brings the Flavors of Colombia to Disney Festival of Holidays - November 30, 2021
- Celebrate Giving Tuesday in Central Florida with Walt Disney World Resort - November 30, 2021
- Going Behind ‘Behind the Attraction’ with the Walt Disney Archives - November 30, 2021