From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Sarah Harris
It feels so good to be BAD. We’re thrilled to be celebrating wickedly wonderful Disney Villains for the runDisney Virtual 2020 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz! As you prepare for the virtual event, we’re here to help you think outside the box (or Magic Mirror), from your running course to your race day style, when it comes to how you run your miles. Here are a few ways to ensure you’ll have the most villainous run ever this weekend!
Wickedly Wonderful Race Weekend Tips
No diabolical plot needed to have a wicked good time with your at-home miles this weekend. Give your race day a villainous twist when your download our virtual race kit featuring mile markers and a “Start Line” and “Finish Line.”
- Registered runners can download theirs by heading to the “Manage Account” section on the runDisney website. From the dashboard, click on “Your Registrations” and select Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend.
Get motivated with the help of a few iconic evildoers and give your at-home run a villainous vibe with frighteningly famous songs from the Disney Villains, specially curated on our official Spotify and Apple Music playlists from our friends at Walt Disney Records.
Crushed those mischievous miles? Share your #WineDineVirtual experience on social with these specially designed graphics for each race event. Add an even spookier touch with our themed Giphy stickers, perfect for sharing “I Did It!” To save the slides below, right-click on the image and select “Save Image As”:
Frighteningly Festive Race Day Style
No wicked run would be complete without adding a fiendish flare to your attire! Need some inspiration? Here are a few Disney Villain-inspired tutorials to get you started:
- Llama Extract Water Bottle DIY
- Poison Apple Shoe Charms DIY
- Smee-Inspired Shirt DIY
- Ursula-Inspired Running Skirt DIY
What would a good villain be without their sidekick? Add to your perfectly wicked outfit with a pair of AfterShokz, official race weekend sponsor, open-ear bone conduction headphones. Take this quiz to see which headphone is your partner-in-crime based on your Disney Villain personality! You’ll also want to keep your phone safe from the most evil of drops while running when you slip on one of the Disney Villains x OtterBox cases. Head here to get your deviously divine phone case today.
It’s now time to lace up for the Virtual 2020 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend! What events will you be running this weekend? Share with us on social using #WineDineVirtual on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Be sure to visit www.runDisney.com to stay up-to-date on the latest event information and news.
- Disney Characters Delight Guests in New Ways asDisneyland Resort Theme Parks Reopen April 30, 2021 - April 9, 2021
- Attractions and Entertainment Reopening Details for Disneyland Resort Theme Parks - April 9, 2021
- Shanghai Disney Resort Reveals a ‘Magical Surprise’ in Honor of 5th Anniversary - April 9, 2021