Coconut Flan-Crystal Palace
One of my favorite restaurants on property is the Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom. If you have never been, it is a buffet style restaurant and Winnie the Pooh characters walk around and greet you as you eat. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner options and offer a variety of food. I think that is why I like a buffet, every pallet can be pleased. For dessert, they have a coconut flan. Flan is a very decadent dessert and is easy to make. Here is the recipe for coconut flan!
8 Eggs (beaten)
¾ Cup Sugar
3 Cups Sweetened Condensed Milk
9oz Evaporated Milk
2 ½T Coco Lopez (real cream of coconut)
1 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Cup Sugar
1T Lemon Juice
1. In a small pan, over medium heat, melt 1 cup sugar and lemon juice.
2. Stir constantly and cook until a dark amber color.
3. Remove from heat and pour caramel into an 8 inch round pan.
4. Cool slightly until sugar begins to harden.
5. In a medium sized bowl, mix all ingredients and slowly pour into cake pan.
6. Bake in water bath at 325 °F for about 50 minutes.
* Tip from me, a spring form pan works well for this, but before you put it in the water bath wrap the bottom in foil to prevent any possibility of leaks.
- ‘Harmonious’ Brings Global Voices Together at EPCOT to Celebrate the Magic of Disney Music - September 26, 2021
- Disney Magic Makers Honored For Mission to Fight Pediatric Cancer - September 26, 2021
- Walt Disney World Resort ‘Class of 1971’ Celebrates 50 Years of Magic - September 25, 2021