From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
We’re happier than a womp rat in a sand storm about the response we’ve been getting for our newest attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. It’s clear guests visiting Black Spire Outpost are enjoying the opportunity to help the Resistance in their fight against the First Order.
As more and more guests ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, we’ve been testing new ideas to make the overall experience the best it can be. We’ve been learning so much and are focused on continuing to make the process of getting into the park and onto the attraction even better every day and want to ensure all of our guests know what to expect when visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Here’s what to know:
- Virtual queue will be available at the published park opening time. We may welcome guests onto Hollywood Boulevard prior to opening the rest of the park, and limited nearby locations will be open for your convenience. This includes Trolley Car Café where you can pick up a beverage for your own personal “jump to lightspeed,” and if you need to grab a few galactic gifts, Keystone Clothiers will be available.
- At the park’s published opening time, the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens along with offerings throughout the rest of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests must be in Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app.
Due to the incredible popularity of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, we will continue to distribute backup boarding groups after the initial planned groups have been filled. Backup boarding groups will only be called if all of the initial planned boarding groups have been called back and there is capacity for more riders that evening. If we are able to accommodate boarding groups that evening, guests will be notified through the My Disney Experience app by a push notification (if enabled).
For anyone with questions or needing a hand with the virtual queue, the members of the Guest Experience Team are available throughout the park to assist. And while people wait for their turn to rise up with the Resistance, there’s plenty to do around Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Here are a few of our recommendations!
Now is the time to join the cause. Visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Ignite the spark! Light the fire!
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Coming to Disney Parks in Late 2024 - July 1, 2022
- Full Lineup: 2022 Eat to the Beat Concert Series at EPCOT - June 30, 2022
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Returns August 25 - June 28, 2022