From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Alex Dunlap
Amidst all of the holiday shopping, decorations, and entertainment, Disney Springs is a hub for delicious food and incredible award-winning restaurants. If you’re looking for a bite to eat, this is the place! This edition of Foodie News features an array of holiday offerings as well as an announcement regarding Wine Bar George.
The World of Fine Wine recently announced the World’s Best Wine Lists for 2019, where over 1,000 of wine lists from across the globe are assessed base on a range of criteria including breadth, depth, interest, quality, value, clarity and accuracy. The awards are as renowned as the Michelin Stars of the wine industry and include a number of best-in-class category winners. We are honored and thrilled to announce that Wine Bar George was awarded Best Micro Wine List in the World 2019 and Best By-the-Glass Wine List With Coravin in North America 2019. The restaurant was also honored by The World of Fine Wine for having a three-star wine list (the highest star designation). We’d like to congratulate George Miliotes and his incredible team for receiving these prestigious awards! Wine Bar George is the only wine bar in Florida led by a Master Sommelier and features over 140 wines all available by the glass, bottle, and ounce along with a full menu of small plates, cheese and charcuterie, family-style plates, and sweets.
In addition, if you’re looking for a great Christmas day dinner, Wine Bar George will be serving Santa Carota Short Ribs, Red Wine Brasied Half Chicken, and Chocolate Ginger Cake with house-made peppermint ice cream alongside select items from the regular menu starting at 11am on Dec. 25, 2019. For more information and to make reservations, visit the Walt Disney World Resort website or check out the My Disney Experience mobile app.
Speaking of the holiday season, Disney Springs is completely decked out with holiday decorations, fun entertainment, and of course, tons of yummy seasonal snacks! You’ll find special treats at Amorette’s Patisserie, The Ganachery, the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail, and Aristocrepes to name just a few.
At Amorette’s Patisserie, you can grab a Holiday Petit Cake with Morello cherry, Chantilly, chocolate chiffon cake, and dark chocolate mousse. Or if you’re looking for a bigger cake for a celebration, you can order a Mickey Santa Dome Cake with flavors of chocolate chiffon, ice cream mousse, dark and white chocolate crispy pearls, and Chantilly cream. Other treats available for sale include a Yule Log Dessert (with red velvet cake and spiced cream cheese icing), an Ornament Macaron (made with milk chocolate peppermint ganache), and an Ornament Pastry (featuring bourbon hot chocolate mousse with marshmallow and chocolate chiffon cake).
If you’re looking to get your chocolate fix, then stop by The Ganachery an array of house-made goodies including a Chocolate Christmas Cottage (filled with peppermint bark), a Santa Mickey Piñata (filled with crispy pearls and house-made marshmallows), a Reindeer Pluto Piñata (filled Reindeer Chow), peppermint bark, and cholate-enrobed stollen bread. You can also try the Eggnog or Peppermint Ganache Square alongside the many other year-round flavors the chocolate shop has to offer.
Other treats throughout the shopping, dining, and entertainment district include:
- Cookie Dough and Everything Sweet Food Truck – Peppermint Cookie Dough and Holiday Funnel Cake topped with Peppermint Cookie Dough
- The Daily Poutine – Turkey Holiday Poutine – White and Dark Turkey Meat, Stuffing, Gravy, and Cranberry Relish
- B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co. – Turkey Sliders featuring Turkey Sausage Patties with Munster Cheese, Gravy, Cranberry Relish, and Arugula
- AristoCrepes – Holiday Bubble Waffle with Peppermint Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, Chocolate Sauce, and Candy Cane Pieces and a Cherries Jubilee Crepe with Cherry Filling, Romanoff Chantilly Cream, and a Black Cherry Liquor Sauce
- Christmas Tree Trail – Mrs. Claus’ Churro Bites with Peppermint Chocolate Sauce, Thank Garland Frozen Hot Chocolate, Frozen Eggnog, and Holiday Cocktails
- Experience Disney+ Holiday Magic at Disney Parks - December 5, 2022
- Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course Reopening This Month with New Touches of Disney Magic - December 5, 2022
- Disney Delivers 75,000 Toys to Children in Need Through the Disney Ultimate Toy Drive - December 5, 2022