From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
To celebrate the release of the upcoming groundbreaking feature film, Disney’s “The Lion King,” The Walt Disney Company is launching a global campaign to raise awareness of the crisis facing lions. The campaign will support the Lion Recovery Fund and its partners to help advance conservation across Africa, including the goal to double the number of lions in the wild by 2050. For each Special Edition Simba and Nala plush sold globally, Disney will donate US $5 to the Wildlife Conservation Network in support of the LRF and its local partners.
Special Edition Simba and Nala plush are now available at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and can be found at additional locations at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort beginning July 1st.*
Special Note: Each of the 40,000 plush represents one of the lions whose future Disney and the Lion Recovery Fund are working to ensure.
(Simba plush top, Nala plush bottom)
Wildlife Conservation Network’s Lion Recovery Fund supports a variety of organizations working across Africa to benefit people, wildlife and habitats. WCN has established an unparalleled reputation for integrity and programmatic impact and the LRF is dedicated to ensuring a long-term future for African lions and their habitats by engaging communities and developing campaigns that build support for the protection and revitalization of these animals.
Special Edition Simba and Nala plush can be found at the following locations at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort:
- Now available at Mombasa, Island Mercantile, and Discovery Trading Company at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, as well as Seaside Souvenirs at Disney’s California Adventure park.
- Starting July 1st, available in World of Disney, Elias & Co. and Bazaar at Disneyland Resort and in Emporium, Mouse Gear, World of Disney and more locations at Walt Disney World Resort.
For more information on the Lion Recovery Fund and Disney’s conservation efforts, visit www.disney.com/LionKingProtectThePride.
Disney’s “The Lion King” comes to theaters on July 19, 2019.
*In North America, available at Disney store, and in the U.S., available at shopDisney.com and select locations at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.
- Kingdom Hearts TV Show Reportedly Headed for Disney+ - May 26, 2020
- STEAM Tips from Walt Disney Imagineering: Technology, Science and Math - May 26, 2020
- #DisneyMagicMoments: Cooking Up the Magic — First Time on Disney Parks Blog – Recipe for Totchos from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – YEEHAW! - May 26, 2020