From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Sarah Harris
39.3 miles? You’d have to be just downright GOOFY to run that! In celebration of our pal Goofy’s birthday today, we are sharing a few fun facts about runDisney’s 15th Anniversary Goofy’s Race & a Half Challenge as part of the 2020 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna.
- The inaugural Goofy’s Race & a Half Challenge took place January 5-7, 2006 with roughly 3,000 participants. This year’s event, taking place January 11-1, 2020, will host over 10,000 participants.
- Today, there are 78 “perfect” runners who
have completed the challenge each year for the past 14 years! Each “perfect”
will have run a total of 550.2 Goofy Challenge miles each, 42,915 miles combined,
heading into the 2020 event.
- Not sure just how many miles the event is? To
complete the 39.3 miles of the Goofy Challenge, you would have to ride the
distance of The Barnstormer Starring the Great Goofini roughly 270 times!
Don’t miss out on the anniversary fun! Limited spots remain for select distances and challenges in the 2020 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna – register here. Planning to join us for the most magical race on Earth? Let us know which race you’ll be participating in using the hashtag #WDWMarathon in social and follow runDisney on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Learn more about other runDisney events here!
- #DisneyMagicMoments: Go ‘Behind the Magic’ of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge with Walt Disney Imagineering and Lucasfilm - January 18, 2021
- New Year, New Tips for Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort: Come Now for Fun Finds; Come Again Soon for Star Wars Trading Post in a New Location - January 17, 2021
- ‘WandaVision’ Snack & View: A Flavorful Look Back Through the Decades at Disneyland Park - January 16, 2021