From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
It’s May the 4th and the Force is strong at the Walt Disney World Resort with today’s exciting, out-of-this-galaxy update that this fall, guests of Disney Resort hotels and other select hotels will have more opportunities to take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours benefit with Extra, Extra Magic Hours for a limited time at our theme parks!
The Extra, Extra Magic Hours benefit will include Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as well as other experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom theme parks. Here’s the rundown:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios — Daily from Sept. 1-Nov. 2, the park will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6-9 a.m., including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.
(Please note that on Aug. 29-31, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 6 a.m. for all guests. There will not be Extra, Extra Magic Hours on those days.)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring Pandora – The World of Avatar and other attractions throughout the park (same as today’s morning Extra Magic Hours offerings).
- Magic Kingdom Park —Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily from Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring favorite attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (same as today’s morning EMH offerings).
Extra Magic Hours will also continue to be available on select days at Epcot.
If you’re visiting this fall, you should know that the Extra, Extra Magic Hours benefit at the Walt Disney World Resort requires a valid theme park admission and hotel ID. Guests without the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option must spend the day at the same park where they’d like to enjoy the Extra, Extra Magic Hours benefit.
Also, not all Walt Disney World attractions are available with the Extra Magic Hours benefit. Park hours and available attractions are subject to change without notice. *Applicable theme park, days and times of operation, attraction and service availability may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity and cancellation.
Extra Magic Hours is one of the many benefits and amenities you can enjoy as a guest of a Disney Resort hotel. Some of the others include early access to Disney FastPass+ planning (not available during Extra Magic Hours benefit), complimentary transportation and standard theme park parking and other entertaining amenities. Visit our special Extra Magic Hours page for details.
Let us know what you’re looking forward to this fall at the Walt Disney World Resort. And if you are looking forward to the chance to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios after it opens on August 29, be sure to check out our exclusive “Building Batuu” story series and special Star Wars page filled with great stories.
May The Fourth Be With You!
- Foodie Guide to Holiday Candy at Disneyland Resort - November 26, 2021
- The Holidays Are Magical at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort - November 24, 2021
- Celebrate the Magic of ‘Encanto’ at Disney Parks and With Fun, Colorful New Merchandise - November 24, 2021