From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Jonathan Frontado
With so many different ways to make memories on a Disney cruise, let’s take a look at the top 5 things that will make your Disney cruise even more memorable in 2019. You won’t want to miss out on any of the fun!
1. Celebrate Mickey’s 90th with Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Party at Sea
In summer of 2019, the celebration of the main mouse’s 90th carries on at sea during 7-night sailings on the Disney Fantasy. During this brand-new deck party, you can join favorite Disney characters for fun in the sun as they celebrate Mickey’s 90th in style, complete with special costumes and a song made just for the occasion – “It’s a Good Time.”
2. The Return of Marvel Day at Sea and Star Wars Day at Sea
Marvel Day at Sea and Star Wars Day at Sea are both returning to Disney Cruise Line in early 2019, giving you and your family the chance to sail with your choice of super heroes or Jedi. During these special sailings, you get to spend a full day immersed in the world of your favorite stories. These action-packed cruises feature epic entertainment, themed activities and an abundance of character meet and greets. Plus, Captain Marvel will make her Disney debut during Marvel Day at Sea before her movie is released in March!
3. A Collection of New Destinations and Adventures
With so many different types of itineraries available for you to choose, it’s easy to find one that’s a perfect fit for your family’s vacation dreams. In 2019, some of our itinerary highlights include more chances than ever to sail out of San Diego, a collection of roundtrip sailings from Rome and seven brand-new ports of call in Europe such as Stockholm, Sweden, Belfast, Northern Ireland and Cartagena, Spain.
4. A Different Way to Celebrate Halloween and the Holidays
Looking for a different way to celebrate fall fun or winter holidays with your family next year? What better way than with a themed cruise that brings everyone together?! In 2019, our popular Halloween on the High Seas and Very Merrytime cruises are both returning and create the perfect way to join in the festivities without staying at home! Both specialty cruises feature decked out ships, magical entertainment and fun you can only find on a Disney ship!
5. New Adventures by Disney Short Escapes to Add to Your Cruise
Another great way to enrich your next Disney cruise is by adding an Adventures by Disney short escape. New in 2019, Adventures by Disney will offer a pre-cruise guided experience in London to enhance your European cruise sailing from nearby Dover, England. With additional add-on trips in Rome, Copenhagen, Barcelona, Southern California and New York, these short escapes are the perfect addition to your cruise and allow you to become fully immersed in the destination, wherever it may be!
Want to start off your year with something to look forward to? Visit the Disney Cruise Line website to explore all of the fun things in store for 2019!
- Disney Dreamers Academy Celebrates 15 Years of Dream-Making at Walt Disney World Resort - January 17, 2022
- Harness Your Creative Side with These Imaginative Styles During the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts - January 15, 2022
- A Penny for Your Thoughts: Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Celebration Coin Pressed Pennies, Medallions and Tags Are Minted With Memories - January 13, 2022