From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Jonathan Frontado
Do you have Instagram Envy every time you see your friends brag about their day at Castaway Cay? Lucky for you, most of our cruises to the Bahamas and Caribbean stop there, which means you, too, can flaunt your pics of our gorgeous private island. No filter required!
Once you choose your tropical getaway to Castaway Cay, read up on these eight things to know before you visit …
1. The island is your own slice of Bahamian paradise. Castaway Cay is reserved exclusively for Disney Cruise Line guests, and only one ship docks there at a time. This means you get more of that powdery white sand to yourself as you enjoy the island’s lush landscape and turquoise waters. Plus, Bahamian shops and a post office add local flavor to your day in the Abacos.
2. All that you need for a fun beach day is included. Towels, beach chairs, umbrellas? We’ve got you covered. Lunch? A delicious all-you-care-to-eat buffet and soda fountains are steps away from the family beach. The only thing you need to bring is sunblock (though if you forget it, you can always purchase a bottle at one of the island’s shops).
3. It’s easy to get around. The dock at Castaway Cay means you’re one step closer to fun in the sun since you don’t need to take a tender boat from the ship. Then it’s just a short walk to the tram, which will take you to various points on the 1,000-acre island. Want a more adventurous way to explore? Rent a bicycle and stretch your sea legs!
4. The island is a haven for water sport enthusiasts. Take a banana boat thrill ride or cast off on a fishing tour. In addition to more than a dozen guided Port Adventures out on the water, paddleboats, water cycles, sea kayaks, sailboats, stand-up paddle boards and snorkel gear are all available to rent.
5. Your stateroom key card is gold. You’ll need it to get off and on the ship and make purchases on the island. Treat your family to frozen drinks at the Olaf-inspired Summertime Freeze or yourself to Bahamian specialty drinks at one of the bars. Then shop our collection of exclusive Castaway Cay merchandise at She Sells Sea Shells…and Everything Else!
6. There’s something for everyone. Just like on the ship, kids, tweens and teens have activities and spaces designed specifically for them. And while your little ones ages 3-12 are hanging out with the youth counselors at Scuttle’s Cove, you can get some “me time” at our pristine stretch of beach reserved for adults.
7. Castaway Cay has all the ingredients for fun and relaxation. Fly high above the island on a parasail adventure, snorkel in a 12-acre lagoon, or lounge in a hammock gazing at the crystal-clear waters. Start the day off right with yoga on the beach, or for the ultimate indulgence, schedule a massage in a private cabana at the adult-exclusive Serenity Bay.
8. Disney pals join the fun on the island, too. You won’t want to miss a warm hug from Olaf or a high-five from Goofy. Bring your camera for that perfect photo opp with Mickey and the gang wearing island attire in front of a picturesque backdrop—turquoise water, silky sand and swaying palm trees.
Want a taste of the island life? Check out which of our cruises you can take to visit this one-of-a-kind destination!
- Even More Beautiful: King Arthur Carrousel at Disneyland Park - April 13, 2021
- Universal Picks Developer to Bring Affordable Housing Vision to Life For Orange County - April 13, 2021
- A Place Where Everyone is Welcome - April 13, 2021