From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Jeremy Schoolfield
Island living at Walt Disney World Resort just got even better, as several new features at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort debuted today. Old Port Royale now serves as the port of entry for the resort, where an all-new porte-cochere welcomes you into a colorfully reappointed lobby under an open-trussed roof and a colonnade with floor-to-ceiling drapes.
Friendly cast members are waiting in the new lobby to help you check in, answer questions, offer advice for your stay and more. If you want to relax, there is plenty of lounge-style seating areas. Or if you need to stock up on supplies and souvenirs, check out the new Calypso Trading Post.
Old Port Royale is also home to three exciting new dining options:
- Sebastian’s Bistro is a Caribbean-inspired table-service restaurant featuring warm island hospitality and waterfront views. You’ll feel like you’ve stepped into a tropical beachfront home offering tantalizing Latin and Caribbean flavors. Highlights include a skirt steak “chimichurri,” sautéed shrimp and tamales, a crispy avocado-and-bacon burger and much more.
- Centertown Market is a fast-casual indoor street market where you’ll find a diverse menu of family-friendly fare. Made-to-order bowls with Latin- and Caribbean-inspired flavors allow you to choose a base, protein and sauce to create your own favorite dish.
- Banana Cabana is a festive pool-side bar that’s always on “island time.” Here you’ll relax in Caribbean style with exclusive cocktails and non-alcoholic specialty drinks. (Ask about the Tropical Paradise!)
All these new amenities help life slow to a leisurely, breezy pace at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. Click here to find more information and start dreaming up your next island getaway at Walt Disney World Resort!
- Foodie Guide to 2020 Fall Treats at Walt Disney World Resort: Hotels & Disney Springs Edition - September 17, 2020
- Welcome to The Grid! TRON Lightcycle / Run Reaches Major Milestone at Magic Kingdom Park - September 16, 2020
- Tune in Wednesday, Sept. 16 to HGTV’s ‘Brother vs. Brother’ as Drew and Jonathan Scott Experience the Magic of Disneyland Resort - September 16, 2020