Happy Thursday Main Streeters! Fall has officially descended on Disney World, and the parks are perked up with pumpkins lining Main Street. For those of us who have waited patiently, it’s our favorite time of the year where are the spooky energy takes over at the parks; for other’s it marks the official one-year countdown to an event that is even more exciting than the Boo To You Parade. Yes, friends, Fall 2019 is when Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge is set to open at Hollywood Studios. Transporting us all to Planet Batuu, all the news coverage Disney has released over the last several months, nay, for the last year, looks like this land will be out of this world; pun intended.
If you just can’t wait another year to get your Star Wars fix, let me share another secret for this series on Disney’s Enchanting Extra’s Collection. The Star Wars Guided Tour is a seven-hour exploration into Deep Space Awesome, complete with some epic meet and greet opportunities, and adventures that will make for some memorable stories. This is considered a VIP Tour experience and the price tag reflects that at $99 per person, which includes tax. However, for seven hours you will be able to experience those VIP perks such as:
- a screening of the movie, Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- witnessing 2 live stage shows from a reserved viewing area —Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away and March of the First Order, which you will be able to actually march with the First Order – Super Perk Alert!
- enrolling young Jedi’s ages 4 through 12 in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- riding Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- a Star Wars-inspired meal at Backlot Express
- meeting Chewbacca and Kylo Ren at a special Character Greeting
- touring the Star Wars Launch Bay
- experiencing a reserved viewing of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular nighttime fireworks event
- and finally, taking a personalized souvenir of your tour home with you to commemorate your adventures
There is something for everyone on this tour, from young Jedi’s to lifelong fans. Disney really packs the day with activities, plus a meal, which I think is worth the high price tag. However, it’s important to note that buying a tour ticket doesn’t mean you can waltz on in to Hollywood Studios, you also need an admission ticket for the park to enjoy the tour.
Disney does caution a few things to know before you go:
- Please keep in mind that this is an indoor and outdoor tour, so be sure to check the weather forecast and dress appropriately, including comfortable shoes, as there will be periods of walking and standing.
- If you are a big fan of dressing for the occasion, Lost Princess Apparel has some Star Wars inspired dresses and leggings that will keep you comfortable for the duration of the tour.
- Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Tour itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice.
You can book the tour by calling for a reservation (407) 939-7529. Once it’s booked, you will need to check in at Guest Relations inside the park. It should also be noted that you will forfeit the entire price of your tour if you no-show or cancel within 2 days of your reservation. There is a very good reason why this rule is in place, and it has to do with a vital take away from the tour that is much cherished by guests who have participated in the past.
Tell us Main Streeters, is this a tour you would book? If so, why? Have any of you been on the tour? Share with us, we would love to hear from you!
Until next week Main Streeters!
- Will Galaxy’s Edge be available during Extra Magic Hours? - May 23, 2019
- Three Limited Disney Rewards for Summer - May 16, 2019
- Walking in Walt’s Footsteps - May 9, 2019