From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Charles Stovall
Even though summer is in full swing here at Walt Disney World, we’re excited to bring you information about this year’s holiday events at Epcot.
Part of the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, the Candlelight Processional is one of the most beloved events at Walt Disney World. Many of our guests plan their holiday vacations around their favorite celebrity narrators. This year’s event starts on Thanksgiving Day, November 22, for the first time ever.
And, as Disney Parks Blog readers know, it’s probably MY favorite event. (Don’t tell the other Epcot event folks ☺)
The Candlelight Processional presents the traditional story of Christmas in truly spectacular fashion – with a 50-piece orchestra, a massed choir and a celebrity narrator. The processional is performed three times per night (5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m.) during the holiday season at the America Gardens Theatre. Also available, on select days and evenings, Candlelight Processional Dining Packages which include a delicious meal and a guaranteed seat for one of the Candlelight Processional performances. Availability is limited.
Candlelight Processional Dining Packages go on sale Wednesday July 11.
We have a couple of names to share on the celebrity narrator front. Returning favorites include actress/host Whoopi Goldberg; entertainer Pat Sajak; actors Neil Patrick Harris, Chita Rivera, Gary Sinise, Blair Underwood and Edward James Olmos; and Jodi Benson, who voices Ariel in Disney’s animated classic “The Little Mermaid.”
Here is the lineup so far. We hope to share more names soon.*
- 11/22 – 11/23 – Chita Rivera
- 11/24 – 12/2 – TBD
- 12/3 – 12/6 – Neil Patrick Harris
- 12/7 – 12/9 – Whoopi Goldberg
- 12/10 – 12/12 – TBD
- 12/13 – 12/14 – Blair Underwood
- 12/15 – 12/17 – Gary Sinise
- 12/18 – 12/20 – Pat Sajak
- 12/21 – 12/23 – TBD
- 12/24 – 12/25 – Edward James Olmos
- 12/26 – 12/27 – Jodi Benson
- 12/28 – 12/30 – TBD
Lunch and dinner packages are available at some favorite Epcot restaurants like Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Norway pavilion); Biergarten Restaurant (Germany pavilion); Chefs de France (France pavilion); Coral Reef Restaurant (The Seas pavilion); The Garden Grill Restaurant (The Land pavilion); La Hacienda de San Angel** and San Angel Inn Restaurante (Mexico pavilion); Nine Dragons Restaurant (China pavilion); Restaurant Marrakesh and Spice Road Table (Morocco pavilion); Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room (United Kingdom pavilion); Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining (Japan pavilion); and Tutto Italia Ristorante and Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria (Italy pavilion).
Breakfast, lunch and dinner options are also available this year at Epcot-area resort restaurants at Ale & Compass at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, with breakfast and dinner options being offered at Trattoria Al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk.
Candlelight Processional Dining Packages start at:
- For Breakfast: $38 plus tax per person for adults and $22 plus tax per person for children, ages 3-9.
- For Lunch: $50 plus tax per person for adults and $16.99 plus tax per person for children, ages 3.
- For Dinner: $55 plus tax per person for adults and $16.99 plus tax per person for children, ages 3-9.
Epcot provides an extravaganza of holiday entertainment, merchandise, food, beverages and festivities where guests can celebrate at Epcot throughout the holiday season. Time-honored traditions come alive through the sights and sounds of the countries of World Showcase, and live performances enliven the park throughout the day.
Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates on holidays at the Walt Disney World Resort.
*Narrators and entertainment are subject to change without notice. Epcot admission is required and not included in the dining package price.
** Candlelight Processional Dining Packages are available for dinner only.
- Bring Holiday Cheer with Disney Gift Card! - November 25, 2020
- #DisneyMagicMoments: Countdown to Launch for ‘To The Stars Edition’ of Disney Family Game with Special Guest Appearance by Ryan Seacrest – Nov. 27 at 7PM ET - November 25, 2020
- #DisneyMagicMoments: Disney Chefs Serving up Extra Holiday Magic This Thanksgiving Thanks to Wishing Well Coins - November 24, 2020