Here’s another adorable and fun craft idea courtesy of our friends at Disney Family!
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Cardboard box
- Hot glue
- Black paint
- White paint
- Popsicle stick, or toothpick
- Optional: Provide a designated amount of each color of paint to limit paint use.
How To Make It
- Print Mickey template on regular paper or cardstock. Cut out Mickey shape to use as a stencil.
- Trace Mickey stencil onto a piece of cardboard. Cut out Mickey shape.
- Cut a few 1″ strips of cardboard from the remaining sides of your cardboard box. Bend the cardboard around the Mickey shape to create an edge, and ultimately creating a Mickey-shaped tray. Use hot glue to hold edges in place. Continue adding cardboard edges until you’ve completed the entire Mickey shape. Let hot glue dry completely.
- Paint the entire Mickey-shaped tray with black paint. Let dry completely.
Pour small amounts of paint into mason jars to limit paint use.
Slowly pour paint into Mickey-shaped cardboard tray. Lightly drizzle all around the space, leaving room for second or third paint colors.
- Continue to lightly drizzle paint around the Mickey shape. Sprinkle small amounts of glitter on top of the paint.
- Use a popsicle stick or toothpick or marbling tool to slowly swirl the paint around, creating a marbling effect. Show your little ones how swirling too much mixes the paint entirely, and how swirling just a tiny bit can create a design.
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- New Summer Best Bites at Walt Disney World - May 23, 2023
- Loungefly is Releasing New Disney 100 Sketchbook Collection in June! Details below! - May 23, 2023
- Disney Springs Restaurants for Graduation Celebrations - May 22, 2023