**Information below is, of course, subject to change
On Friday, August 25th, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party kicked off at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. One of the biggest draws to the party is meeting characters that you normally don’t get to see on an average day at the park. The park map that is given out for the party shows the location of each meet and greet, but doesn’t tell you who will be there.
Most seasoned party goers know that you need to have a plan if you really want to see some of the characters, especially the really rare ones. The lines for Jack Skellington and Sally or the Seven Dwarfs can take hours to get through. The party is only 5 hours long and waiting to meet a character for 2 hours really takes a chunk away from the evening. In addition to the characters, you still have trick or treat locations, Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade (2 showings), the Hocus Pocus Villians Spelltacular (3 shows) and of course Happy Hallowishes. Add in there the Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball with the Monster’s Inc. characters and you really have a lot to do within 5 hours. I didn’t even mention going on any rides while you’re there or getting the Magic Shot photos taken, listening to the Lady Carlotta or Madame Renata outside the Haunted Mansion or listening to the Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet. Don’t forget to pick up your Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom Card also, it’s FREE! Also, you have to try some of the special desserts! Plan accordingly!
Here are the 18 character locations for the 2017 party:
- Town Square Theater – Mickey Mouse
- Tomorrowland (between Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin and Carousel of Progress) – Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear
- Fantasyland (Near Prince Charming Regal Carrousel ) – Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella
- Fantasyland (Near The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh Ride) – Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore
- Fantasyland (Mad Hatter Tea Party) – Spot 1 Alice and the Mad Hatter
- Fantasyland (Mad Hatter Tea Party) – Spot 2 The Red Queen and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
- Fantasyland: Storybook Circus (between Dumbo The Flying Elephant and The Barnstormer) – Goofy
- Fantasyland: Storybook Circus (Casey Jr. Soak ‘N’ Splash) – Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck
- Fantasyland: Storybook Circus (Pete’s Silly Sideshow) – Cruella DeVil
- Fantasyland: Storybook Circus (Tent next to Pete’s Silly Sideshow) – The Seven Dwarfs
- Fantasyland (Across from Under the Sea-Journey of The Little Mermaid) – Princess Ariel and Prince Eric
- Fantasyland (Across from Gaston’s Tavern) – Belle and Gaston
- Liberty Square (Behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe) – Jack Skellington and Sally
- Adventureland (Across Sunshine Tree Terrace) – Tarzan, Jane and Terk
- Adventureland (Outside Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse) – Moana
- Adventureland (Near The Magic Carpets of Aladdin) – Spot 1 Jafar
- Adventureland (Near The Magic Carpets of Aladdin) – Spot 2 alternating between Aladdin with Abu and Princess Jasmine with Genie
- Adventureland (Across from Pirates of the Caribbean) – Captain Jack Sparrow
There you have it, the 18 meet and greet locations and characters for the 2017 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. In addition, Princess Fairytale Hall with be open and there you can meet Cinderella, Aurora, Rapunzel and Tiana. As we stated above, this is all subject to change, but we wanted to give those attending the party an idea of who would be where, throughout the Magic Kingdom. Thanks and enjoy the 2017 Halloween season at Walt Disney World! Boo to You!
*If you of a character spot change or update, please contact us so we can correct the list! Thank you!
- DVC Moonlight Magic Events Cancelled Through 2020 - August 5, 2020
- ‘Mulan’ to Skip Theaters for Disney Plus Premiere - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando: Halloween Horror Nights canceled for 2020 - July 24, 2020