Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line and Orlando International Airport Updates #HurricaneIrma (9/13/17)
Below are the latest updates from Orlando International Airport, Disney Cruise Line and the Walt Disney World Resort. The call centers are now open but Disney has asked that guests only call if their question and/or modification is related to a current on-site stay or a check-in prior to September 18, 2017. Walt Disney World guests with final payments currently due can either use the online system, or automated phone system, or call in on or after 9/18/17 to speak to a Cast Member. Also please note that Disney has addressed the same bad Facebook rumor TMSM addressed last night in their latest update. Disney Cruise Line guests with final payments that are currently due should try their best to process those payments online through the Disney Cruise Line website. The Orlando International Airport (MCO) is now open is encouraging travelers to check with their airline about their flight. Below you will find the latest updates from Orlando International Airport, Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World.
Hurricane Irma Update for Walt Disney World – September 13, 2017
Water Parks will remain closed and will reopen later this week. Walt Disney World’s Theme Parks and Disney Springs have returned to normal, advertised operating hours. Special events, such as Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, will also take place.
All Disney Resorts have begun normal operation, with the exception of Fort Wilderness Campground and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas.
- We anticipate that Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen next week, but it remains closed at this time as we clean up the property following the storm.We encourage you to revisit this page for the latest updates and information.
- To allow Disney’s Fort Wilderness to prepare the property after Hurricane Irma, all shows at The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will be cancelled up to and including Sunday, September 17. Any existing reservations will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
- The Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort are tentatively scheduled to reopen on Sunday, September 17. Disney’s Vero Beach and Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resorts will remain closed at this time.
SPECIAL EVENT UPDATES
Guests requiring assistance due to canceled Night of Joy on September 9 or Mickey’s Not-So Scary Halloween Party on September 10 should call (407) 939-7818 by January 31, 2018 between the hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM., or email us
at Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com. Please have your tickets available so we may process your request for you as quickly as possible. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Disney Cruise Line – -September 13, 2017 – 1:00 p.m. EST
Disney Dream Sailings – September 15 and beyond
The Disney Dream is expected to sail as scheduled on Friday, September 15.
Disney Fantasy – September 16 Sailing
The Disney Fantasy is expected to sail on its Western Caribbean itinerary as scheduled on Saturday, September 16.
Disney Fantasy – September 23 and October 7 Sailings
The September 23 and October 7 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean sailings are being modified to include ports of call in the Western Caribbean. These two revised sailings will now visit Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Falmouth, Jamaica.
Please know that further changes may be needed as the Caribbean islands continue to recover from the impacts of Hurricane Irma and that we will notify Travel Agents and Guests should additional changes be necessary. Western Caribbean sailings will continue as scheduled.
Orlando International Airport – Update Released 9/12/17
Orlando International Airport is in the process of resuming commercial flight operations. Crews worked throughout the day Monday and overnight to assess the impact, make repairs and clean up in an effort to commence limited flight activity today. Airport status as of Tuesday morning:
- The Main Terminal is open with concessions operating.
- TSA security checkpoints are open and staffed for passenger activity.
- All four Airside terminals are open and available to receive aircraft.
- Both Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Federal Inspection Stations are open for international passenger processing.
- Three runways are open.
- Terminal parking garages are open with limited space availability. Remote lots open with shuttles operating.
- Heintzelman Blvd. is open, but traffic signal is out.
Flight operations are expected to ramp up over the next couple of days. A Delta Air Lines flight from Atlanta was the first inbound scheduled to arrive at 8:27 Tuesday morning, with the first outbound scheduled by Silver Airways at 9:18 am. Most major carriers have scheduled flights throughout the day Tuesday. In addition, 28 international flights are scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.
Passengers are advised to contact their individual airline to verify a confirmed seat reservation before coming to the airport.
- “Incredible” Amenities Coming to Cotino, a Storyliving by Disney Community - March 24, 2023
- ‘DESCENDANTS: THE RISE OF RED’ (FORMERLY KNOWN AS ‘THE POCKETWATCH’) ADDS PAOLO MONTALBANTO THE CAST OF THE DISNEY+ ORIGINAL MOVIE - March 22, 2023
- NEW DISNEY+ ORIGINAL DOCUSERIES “ED SHEERAN: THE SUM OF IT ALL” PREMIERING MAY 3 - March 20, 2023