From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Charles Stovall
Having performed seven times at Disney Night of Joy, you would think there would be no new Night of Joy experiences for Matthew West.
But you’d be wrong.
This year the multiple-award-winning singer/songwriter returns to ESPN Wide World of Sports as the host of our event.
What does that mean, you ask?
Well, it means that Matthew will showcase his wit and sparkling personality as our “Master of Ceremonies” – introducing artists on two event stages, providing information and commentary on events, and interacting with fans throughout both nights.
Matthew is the perfect person to host the event. He has a heart for connecting with people and he’s super fun!
When we caught up with Matthew earlier this year at the KLOVE Fan Awards, where he had been perfecting his hosting duties, he was also putting the finishing touches on his newest record All In – which he calls his “most personal album to date” – set to launch Sept. 22.
On September 8 and 9, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort will host Disney Night of Joy, two glorious evenings filled with gospel, hip-hop, pop, rock, praise and adult contemporary music from the industry’s top artists. Attendees can kick back, relax and enjoy an unforgettable experience sure to make spirits soar!
Tickets are now on sale for Disney Night of Joy 2017. Guest can check out nightofjoy.com or 407-W-DISNEY for tickets and information. Groups of 10 or more can click here or call 877-NITE-JOY to purchase group tickets and learn about group discounts and benefits.
A little reminder about this year’s talent: (Entertainment subject to change.)
- Friday, Sept. 8 – MercyMe, TobyMac, Natalie Grant, Zach Williams, Danny Gokey, Matt Maher, Colton Dixon, Rend Collective
- Saturday, Sept. 9 – Amy Grant, Steven Curtis Chapman, Kirk Franklin, Jordan Feliz, Crowder, Jeremy Camp, Tye Tribbett.
For more information, stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for updates on entertainment and events.
- Disneyland After Dark 2024: More ‘Nites’ Than Ever Before - December 6, 2023
- 10 New Things to Be Excited For in Disney Dreamlight Valley! - December 5, 2023
- 5 Cookie Recipes to Celebrate National Cookie Day - December 4, 2023