From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Pam Brandon
A sweet way to end the day in Magic Kingdom Park just got sweeter, with new desserts and a second location for viewing the Magic Kingdom Park “Happily Ever After” fireworks spectacular.
Based on your preference, you can choose from two viewing areas: Plaza Garden Viewing (if you want to better see the castle projections) and Tomorrowland Terrace (where there’s reserved seating).
And those new desserts! Here’s a peek at the 10, all but two are new:
- A Villains Chocolate Cupcake inspired by Ursula with purple buttercream and chocolate crispy pearls.
- Pineapple Delight is a Dole Whip-inspired treat, light and fresh with whipped pineapple panna cotta with pineapple compote and a fresh pineapple spear.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries – dark chocolate, of course, are back.
- Chocolate Marshmallow Tart salutes Frontierland with a reimagined s’more: a graham cracker tart with chocolate custard topped with marshmallow meringue and a chocolate bar.
- Macarons, a sweet nod to Gaston’s Tavern in Fantasyland in flavors such as pistachio, raspberry, lemon, chocolate, coffee and vanilla.
- The bold Cheesecake Brownie Bite is in honor of the heroes in “Happily Ever After,” with a brownie topped with chocolate chip cheesecake and whipped cream. Add a drizzle of chocolate and more chocolate chips. This one is a repeat and guest favorite.
- Strawberry Tart inspiration comes from Main Street, U.S.A., an all-American dessert with a vanilla tart shell filled with lemon curd and raspberry sauce. Add a little strawberry mousse, strawberry crisp pearls and a little whipped cream with a fresh berry.
- The “Happily Ever After” Cupcake is the signature dessert – red velvet cake with yellow buttercream icing.
- Perfect for Instagramming with a “Happily Ever After” chocolate garnish.
- Chocolate Almond Cake features raspberry sauce in the center and a fresh raspberry on top.
- And Mickey is the muse for the Oreo Mickey Treat, whipped Oreo panna cotta topped with two chocolate ears and sprinkled with chocolate pearls on top of an Oreo.
For reservations, go to www.DisneyWorld.com/dining or call 407-WDW-DINE. Cost is $59 for Plaza Garden viewing ($35 ages 3 to 9); Tomorrowland Terrace is $79, $47 ages 3 to 9. Both include tax but not gratuity. Separate Magic Kingdom Park admission is required. The fireworks experience may be changed or canceled without prior notice.