From Disney Inspired
Dumbo loves showing off his bubble-making skills for his buddy Timothy the mouse. Kids can create their own bubble blowers from recycled bottles.
Total Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- Plastic water or soft drink bottles, cleaned and dried with labels removed
- Duct tape, in assorted colours
- Masking tape
- Self-adhesive craft foam shapes
- Bubble solution
How To Make It
- To start, decorate clean, dry plastic bottles. Draw a line around the bottle 4-6 inches below the mouth. Have kids decorate the bottle between the mouth and the line.
- Encourage kids to get creative when decorating their bottles. Offer pre-cut pieces of duct and masking tape in bright circus-inspired colours. Stickers and adhesive craft foam are easy to use and mess-free. Design ideas: Use yellow and red tape to make a “Big Top” blower that looks just like a circus tent. Self-adhesive craft foam circles are fun and festive on a yellow tape background. Create a crowd of pink elephants using craft foam circles with foam hearts for ears.
- Once bottles are decorated, turn them into bubble-blowers. Use scissors to cut off the bottom of the bottle at the marked line.
- Now it’s time to blow bubbles! Pour bubble solution into a shallow tray (an aluminium cake pan works well) and dip the cut-end of the bottle into the bubble solution. Make bubbles by blowing gently through the mouth of the bottle.
Latest posts by Guest Blog (see all)
- Foodie Guide to 2020 Fall Treats at Walt Disney World Resort: Hotels & Disney Springs Edition - September 17, 2020
- Welcome to The Grid! TRON Lightcycle / Run Reaches Major Milestone at Magic Kingdom Park - September 16, 2020
- Tune in Wednesday, Sept. 16 to HGTV’s ‘Brother vs. Brother’ as Drew and Jonathan Scott Experience the Magic of Disneyland Resort - September 16, 2020