While at Disney, one of the most common items you can find for breakfast are Mickey waffles. Waffles are waffles, but there is something special about waffles in the shape of everyone’s favorite mouse.
In order to make these delicious breakfast items, first, you need a waffle maker that can create the exact shape of Mickey. Amazon has a bunch of different ones, but here is the one I use:
I’ve been using this maker for a few years now and I love it. Here are the details about:
- Nonstick baking plates for ideal results and easy cleanup
- Mickey shaped indicator light
- Makes 7-Inch waffles with Mickey Mouse design, Power and ready light in shape of Mickey
- Non-stick cooking surface, Non-skid rubber feet
- Cord wrap
- The brushed stainless steel finish and laser etched logo bring a bit of elegance to the kitchen
- The nonstick coating makes baking and clean up fun and easy
To order yours today, visit Amazon HERE
Now that you have the proper maker, the standard recipe isn’t going to cut it, if you want it to taste like the ones at Disney. Friend of TMSM, The Disney Chef Jerusha Howard has the perfect recipe for Mickey Waffles to make you remember how they tasted while you were visiting the Happiest Place on Earth.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 – 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup (half a stick) of butter or margarine, melted, cooled to room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Beat egg yolks in a large bowl until the sugar is thoroughly mixed and the yolks are thick and sunny-colored. Add the milk, cooled melted butter, and vanilla extract and stir until combined. Then add all at once flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well, but be sure not to overmix (overmixed batter will be frothy with lots of bubbles). If the mixture is too thick, add more milk until the mixture resembles that of thick pudding.
- In a separate bowl, using a mixer, beat egg whites until stiff. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the batter. DO NOT MIX.
- Bake, following the instructions of your waffle maker until golden brown. Please note, these waffles rise and expand considerably so use the least amount of batter needed for desired results. For those using a lock-lid waffle maker, this is especially important. For results that most resemble Mickey waffles as served at Disney World, use a Belgian waffle maker.
- Serve with a variety of toppings, including butter, powdered sugar, syrup, chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, whipped cream, strawberries or other fruits, even ice cream, and sprinkles.
You can find more of Jerusha’s recipes at http://www.thedisneychef.com
- “THE SIMPSONS” SEASON 32 STREAMS SEPTEMBER 29 ON DISNEY+ - September 10, 2021
- Do You Know? Is This Haunted Room Actually Stretching… - August 26, 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer - August 23, 2021