Today In Disney History ~ February 10th
Samantha Brown Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary on Travel Channel with Four Special Episodes
Published Feb 03, 2010, 10:45 ET by the Travel Channel
Travel Channel host Samantha Brown will celebrate her 10th Anniversary on the network, and a decade of inspiring audiences to look past the standard travel guides. To honor this milestone, the network will broadcast four original hour-long specials with Samantha beginning Monday, February 8 at 8PM.
“The past ten years has been an incredible journey — literally and figuratively,” said Samantha Brown, Travel Channel host. “Meeting and interacting with people around the country and around the world has been both a life-altering and humbling experience. I’m excited to uncover the adventures that lie ahead for me in the next decade.”
Visiting dozens of countries, hundreds of cities and staying in countless hotels around the world, Samantha has been a familiar face on Travel Channel. She began on the network hosting the Great Vacation Homes series, then Great Hotels, and over the years Samantha carved out a distinctive style unparalleled by any other talent on television. With fan favorites like Passport to Europe, Passport to Latin America, and her latest series, Samantha Brown‘s Great Weekends, Samantha’s ability to convey the feeling of a specific place — not just the basic facts — has established her as an inspirational resource for prospective travelers.
“For more than 10 years, Samantha Brown has been entertaining our viewers with her engaging personality, infectious spirit, and quirky humor,” said Jonathan Sichel, acting general manager, Travel Channel. “Through her many adventures, Sam has become one of Travel Channel’s most popular and recognized talent, and a key personality that drives our business and brand. Looking ahead, we are excited about building Sam’s presence on Travel Channel.”
Traveling over 230 days a year, Samantha has an infinite amount of stories from her journeys — some humorous, some bizarre, but all entertaining. As she enters her second decade with the network, she shares her favorite moments and gives fans an up-close and personal look at the past ten years on Travel Channel with the below all new one-hour specials.
- Samantha Brown‘s Vancouver (February 8 at 8PM) where Samantha discovers the natural beauty, winter activities, food and culture of the 2010 Winter Olympics host city.
- Samantha Brown: Inside the Suitcase (February 9 at 8PM) Samantha shares her travel secrets, packing tips and her favorite moments from the road.
- Samantha Brown Fan-a-thon (February 10 at 8PM) Samantha celebrates ten years of travel at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida with some VIPs — her fans. Fans share some of their favorite show moments.
- Samantha Brown‘s World of Sports (February 11 at 8PM) Samantha takes viewers through a personal compendium of her best and worst sports-related moments throughout her time on the Travel Channel.
TMSM Today in Graphic by Sherry Rinaldi DeHart; http://articles.orlandosentinel.com
- Top 4 Things to Know Before TRON Lightcycle / Run Opens on 4/4 - January 27, 2023
- New Diverse Disney Princesses Coming on Feb 3rd! - January 26, 2023
- First Look at Roundup Rodeo BBQ Menu Opening March 23! - January 25, 2023