You can recreate Tink’s magical fairy cottage using nature from your own backyard thanks to Disney Family!
What You’ll Need
- Gallon milk jug
- Squash or gourd (substitute with a pine cone if using artificial supplies)
- Dried moss
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Miniature twig wreath
- Small twigs
- Twinkly lights
- A tiny mushroom
How to Make It
- Use scissors to cut off the top third of the milk jug, just above the top of the handle. Cut an additional two inches off the top half and set it aside.
- Cut the end of the squash or gourd, and set aside to dry.
- Using the glue gun, cover the bottom of the milk jug with dried moss. Leave a small space for the twig wreath front door.
- Use the hot glue to secure the gourd top and then the twig wreath, as the front door.
- Fold the extra small twigs into a circle, leaving 1 inch of twig to wrap around itself and glue to adhere. This will be the small window. Glue onto the moss.
- Adhere two seashells over the door and window with glue.
- Beginning at the rim, glue the large leaves onto the top of the milk jug and continue until it is covered.
- Place half of the twinkly light strand inside the moss-covered milk jug.
- Gently place the leaf-covered top back onto the bottom half of the milk jug. Then add any extra accessories (mushroom, flower, etc.), and finish with the remaining portion of twinkly lights.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.
All supplies were found in the backyard, and the cottages lasted about 4 days before browning. If you would like your project to last longer, use artificial supplies.
Latest posts by Guest Blog (see all)
- Disney ‘TRON’ Ride’s Siren is Childhood Dream Realized for Actress Faren Collins - May 27, 2023
- New Disney SpellStruck Word Game Now On Apple Arcade - May 26, 2023
- New ‘The Little Mermaid’ Experiences at Disney Parks - May 26, 2023