- 1 Preheat your oven according to your cookie dough recipe’s instructions.
- 2 Roll out your cookie dough in batches and cut out circles for the moons and star shapes for the stars.
- 3 Place your cookies on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- 4 Bake your cookies according to your cookie dough recipe’s instructions.
- 5 Working in batches, continue to roll and cut out your dough until all the dough is cut and baked.
- 6 Set your cookies aside to cool completely.
- 7 To make the icing: Mix together 1 box of confectioners’ sugar, 1/3 cup of water, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- 8 Separate your icing into two bowls. Add purple (blue and red) food coloring to one and yellow food coloring to the other and mix to spread the color evenly.
- 9 Use a pastry bag, or a sandwich bag with the corner cut off to pipe the icing onto the cookies. Purple icing for the purple moons, and yellow icing for the stars. After you ice each cookie, sprinkle with the appropriate colored sugar, gold for the stars, and purple for the moons. Allow your icing to dry about 30 minutes.
Recipe and pic from our friends at Disney Family!