Today In Disney History ~ April 12th
Below is the Disney Consumer Products official release on their new eco-friendly line.
“Disney Store Celebrates the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day with New Eco-Friendly Products and a Portion of the Proceeds Benefiting Marine Life
PASADENA, Calif. – April 12, 2010 – In celebration of the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day, Disney Store today introduced a new line of eco-friendly products. New fashionable “Save Planet Earth” totes are available now at Disney Store locations nationwide and on DisneyStore.com, and a portion of the proceeds from its sales will benefit The Nature Conservancy’s “Adopt a Coral Reef” program. For each tote sold Disney Store will contribute $1 through the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund to help save our oceans by protecting vital coral reefs.
Disney Store’s exclusive “Save Planet Earth” eco-friendly product assortment with the lovable three-eyed green alien from Disney-Pixar Toy Story will be available through Earth Day and includes:
• “Fashionable totes”, made from seven recycled bottles that have been cleaned, smashed, melted and reused
• Children and adult sized “T-shirts made from 100% organic cotton” with the messages “Save Planet Earth” and “Love”
• Green reusable “aluminum bottles”
• “Journals” made from recycled paper and organic cotton
• And a new exclusive “Toy Story plush alien” to commemorate this special occasion
“We celebrate this very special Earth Day anniversary with a commitment to transition to 100% organic cotton for all Disney Store exclusive Tees by fall 2010, and have increased the range of Disney reusable bags and aluminum bottles in our product assortment,” said Jim Fielding, president of Disney Stores Worldwide. “We hope to inspire children and families to make small changes to have a big impact on the Earth.”
This year, Earth Month initiatives from across The Walt Disney Company stress the importance of saving our world’s waterways. Disney Store promotions will support interconnected messages from Disney’s Friends for Change (www.Disney.com/projectgreen) and Disneynature’s OCEANS opening on Earth Day, April 22.
• Disney Channel stars including Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and many more have come together as Disney’s Friends for Change, teaching kids about activities that can help the planet. A new collection of Disney’s Friends for Change 100% organic Tees in four unique styles are available exclusively at Disney Store. The stand-out “Make a Wave” T-shirt design is inspired by the latest Disney’s Friends for Change anthem of the same name by Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato, currently available on iTunes with all proceeds benefiting the planet through Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund.
• Disney Store will give away free Friends for Change and OCEANS branded “eco-friendly hats” to guests who bring in six plastic bottles or aluminum cans on Earth Day, April 22 (while supplies last). Made from six recycled plastic bottles, the hats are an example of how everyday materials can be reused for entirely different purposes. An exclusive new Earth Day video message about the program featuring Disney Channel stars Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato can be viewed in select Disney Store locations.
• Parents can also bring kids to the Disney Store to pick up OCEANS themed activity sheets that teach children about our lakes, oceans, rivers, and streams and how we can reduce the amount of trash and waste in our waterways. OCEANS offers an unprecedented look beneath the sea, and can be a great viewing experience together for families and children. Disneynature’s OCEANS will also contribute to The Nature Conservancy’s “Adopt a Coral Reef,” through the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund, on behalf of every person who sees the film in theaters April 22- April 28.”
TMSM Today in Graphic by Sherry Rinaldi DeHart; disneyconsumerproducts.com
- New Summer Best Bites at Walt Disney World - May 23, 2023
- Loungefly is Releasing New Disney 100 Sketchbook Collection in June! Details below! - May 23, 2023
- Disney Springs Restaurants for Graduation Celebrations - May 22, 2023