Today In Disney History ~ January 26th
The first Disney Dollars were released in 1987 in $1and $5 denominations. The $1 featured “Waving Mickey” on the front and the “Disney Castle” on the back, and the $5 featured “Proud Goofy” on the front and the “Mark Twain” on the back. In 1990 the $10 denomination was released, and in 2005 the $50 was released for just that year’s release. The last new design was released in 2014. This design features Disney’s “Mountain” chain with Splash Mountain ($1), Big Thunder Mountain ($5) and Space Mountain ($10) featured on the back of the bills.
Disney Dollars can be purchased several ways:
At the Parks
Disney Dollars can be purchased at several locations in the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts:
- Concierge and front desk locations at Resorts
- All Guest Relations locations located in the theme parks and Downtown Disney Marketplace;
- Information desk at the World of Disney store at the Downtown Disney Marketplace.
- World of Disney Store’s in Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
These make a great gift for excited Disney Fans planning an upcoming trip, or even make a fun souvenir! You can also buy them from home!
Order by Credit Card
Call (407) 566-4985 and select option 5. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Disney Dollars purchased with a credit card are limited to $50 per day and a $15 shipping charge applies.
Order by Cashier’s Check or Money Order
Mail your payment and the address to which you wish us to send your order to:
P.O. Box 10140 Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Please note that there is a maximum order total of $650 and a $15 shipping charge applies. Disney Dollar credit card purchases are limited to US $50 per day. Please allow 2 weeks for processing.
TMSM Today in Graphic by Sherry Rinaldi DeHart
- Annual Passholder Magic Awaits - December 1, 2023
- New “it’s a small world” Collection Coming Tomorrow, Dec 1 - November 30, 2023
- World Celebration Gardens, ‘Walt the Dreamer’ Statue Debut - November 28, 2023