It’s already nearing the end of September, and the Fall season for decorating and making fun themed goodies is getting under way. Disney Parks are decked out with all of their pumpkin decorations, along with special treats to go with the occasion. If you’re aren’t able to share in the Fall Magic that you get at the Parks, then finding ways to have Disney Magic at home is an alternative. Here’s a cute recipe to make Snow White’s poison apple cookies! We previously posted a recipe for Jack Skellington cupcakes, and will continue to share little Halloween ideas for you as we find them!
Apple shaped cookie cutter
Batch of sugar cookie dough*
Red food coloring
Pair of disposable kitchen gloves (for kneading food coloring into the dough)
Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Wire cooling rack
Green cookie icing
Thin pretzel sticks broken in half (you need one half for each apple)
Kitchen knife or scissors
1. Wearing plastic kitchen gloves, knead red food coloring into the cookie dough (this is a fun job for kids). Wrap the dough in plastic and keep it chilled until you’re ready to use it.
2. Either use Apple shaped cutter, or print and cut out one found online, like Disney Family’s site!
3. Heat the oven. Cover your work surface with flour-dusted wax paper, and roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness.
4. Use the cookie cutter, and cut out the cookies, and then bake them according to the recipe directions. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
5. Working with one cookie at a time, gently press the broken end of a pretzel stick half into the top of the apple. Then generously frost the upper half of the cookie with green icing, spreading it right over the base of the pretzel. Use the knife to create a wavy lower edge so the icing looks like it is dripping down over the apple.
6. For eyes, press whole raisins into the icing. Snip a third raisin in half and use one piece for a nose. (If you aren’t a fan of raisins, like me, I assume M&M’s could be used too!)
Recipe from Disney Family
- New Summer Best Bites at Walt Disney World - May 23, 2023
- Loungefly is Releasing New Disney 100 Sketchbook Collection in June! Details below! - May 23, 2023
- Disney Springs Restaurants for Graduation Celebrations - May 22, 2023