From Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment and posted on the Disney Parks Blog.
The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration is almost here! The party kicks off Friday, May 22, at 6 a.m. and continues for 24 hours, through 6 a.m. Saturday, May 23, with multi-faceted entertainment experiences at bothDisneyland Resort theme parks and the official debut of the three new spectaculars created just for the celebration.
In addition to the already stellar entertainment lineup at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, here are some of the other highlights planned for Friday:
- The parks open at 6 a.m. with countdown moments featuring some of your favorite Disney characters, including Mickey and the gang in their sparkly new Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration outfits.
- Throughout the parks, you can mark the hours at special celebration photo spots.
- Beginning at 6 p.m., join us in the Main Street Opera House for a sing-along screening of Walt Disney’s classic “Mary Poppins.” If you miss it then (or just can’t get enough), the “Mary Poppins” sing-along will be presented again at 10 p.m., 12:45 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.
- Over at Tomorrowland Theater, you can catch the sneak peek of scenes from the “Tomorrowland” movie during the day, and then return at 10 p.m. or 3 a.m. for a full-length screening of “Guardians of the Galaxy.” We’ll also be showing “The Avengers” in the Tomorrowland Theater at 12:15 a.m.
- If live music is your thing, we’ll have a band playing retro hits on the Tomorrowland Terrace stage beginning at 7 p.m. and the Royal Swing Big Band Ball in Fantasy Faire, with four sets starting at 10:30 p.m.
- The “Paint the Night” parade will be presented twice for its opening night, at 8:50 p.m. and 1 a.m., with the premiere of “Disneyland Forever” fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- After all that, you can hit the dance floor to the DJ mix at TLT Dance CLUB in Tomorrowland from 12:30 a.m. – 5 a.m., or head over to Mickey’s Toontown for a Pajama Party with your pals, starting at midnight and continuing into the wee hours of the morning.
- At Disney California Adventure park, the all-new “World of Color – Celebrate!” will have three showings at 9 p.m., 10:15 p.m. and 3 a.m.
- Over at Pacific Wharf, a DJ spices things up with a Latin dance party from 10:45 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- Join the Mad T Party Band for the new Diamond Mad T Party in Hollywood Land from 8:30 p.m. – 1 a.m., and stick around as the White Rabbit DJ keeps things hopping ‘til morning.
Of course, Disney Parks Blog will be bringing you all the action as it happens that day, with updates and live streams from across the Disneyland Resort, so be sure to join us!