From our Friends at Spoonful
Disney fans young and old can step out in style with a pair of these sassy sandals. Inspired by Minnie’s favorite fashion motif, they’re whimsically fringed with colorful polka-dotted ribbon.
What you’ll need
- Pair of flip-flop sandals
- Polka-dotted ribbon (or any other pattern you want if you want to incorporate another Disney character)
- Tape measure or ruler
How to make it
- Cut the ribbon into 9-inch lengths. Two dozen or so lengths is a good number to begin with.
- Working with one length at a time, show your child how to tie the ribbons around the flip-flop straps, as shown. Make sure the ribbon lies flat on the underside of the strap.
- Trim the ribbon ends 1 1/2 inches or so from the knot.
- Encourage your child to add as many ribbons as she likes, or to experiment by cutting the ribbon into longer lengths and tying them into bows perhaps.
- Bonus Step from Aut: Many fabric stores sell “Fray Stop” which is a glue like substance that keeps the cut parts of the ribbon from fraying. If you are making these for an adult or just want the ribbon to last, I would apply it to the ribbons once you are done.
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- NEW! The Haunted Mansion by Dooney & Bourke - September 21, 2020
- MARVEL STUDIOS’ UPCOMING DISNEY+ SERIES “WANDAVISION” TRAILER JUST UNVEILED DURING THE 72nd PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS - September 20, 2020
- Three New Sets of Polka Dot Minnie Ears at WDW! - September 20, 2020