1 stick Butter
1 Spanish onion, diced small
1/2 cup Carrots, diced small
1/2 cup Celery, diced small
1 oz. Garlic, minced fine
1/3 cup Tomato paste
1/2 cup Sherry
1 Tbsp. Curry paste
4 2/3 cups Water, hot
1 oz. Lobster base
1 1/2 lbs. Fish (any white fish i.e., grouper, mahi, snapper, etc) cut in 1″ pieces
1 cup Milk
3 3/4 cups Heavy cream
2/3 cup Flour
3/4 stick Butter
3 cups Salad shrimp (small)
1. In a large stockpot over medium heat, melt 1 stick butter. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add sherry and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Mix in curry paste until well incorporated (use the back of a spoon for spatula until no lumps of curry are left).
4. Add lobster base and hot water.
5. Add fish and gently poach.
6. Turn heat to low, add milk and heavy cream and let come to a simmer.
7. Over low heat, melt remaining butter. Add flour, stir well, and cook for about 5 minutes.
8. Take of the hot liquid from the chowder and mix it in with the butter and flour mixture until well combined.
9. Add this mixture back into the chowder.
10. Add shrimp and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes - November 25, 2020
- Rapunzel Night Lantern ~ Make your own! - November 24, 2020
- This New Hot Cocoa Bomb Reveals A Baby Yoda Marshmallow When It Melts - November 23, 2020