1 cup apple juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
pinch of black pepper
pinch of kosher salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
pinch of red pepper flakes
Apple Brine Preparation:
- Add all together and bring to a boil to make clear and dissolve salt and sugar.
- Chill all the way down and then it is ready to use.
- Place pork loin, chop or tenderloin into marinade for 24 hours and then pull out.
- Grill very slowly on low heat or pork will char due to sugar content.
Root Beer Demi Glace Ingredients:
1 cup veal or beef stock
1 cup of your favorite root beer
1 teaspoon corn starch
1 teaspoon water
Root Beer Demi Glace Preparation:
- Add the root beer to the veal stock and bring to a low simmer.
- Let it cook slowly until it cooks down by 1/4. At this point, mix the water and cornstarch together and stir it into the demi glace.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and then store in a warm place until ready to use, or refrigerate.