Ingredients for short dough:
½ pound Unsalted butter (2 sticks)
¾ cup Sugar
¼ teaspoon Salt
3 1/3 cups Pastry flour, sifted
Preparation for short dough:
- Using the paddle attachment of a stand mixer at low speed, combine the butter, sugar and salt until they’re fully mixed.
- Add the eggs and keep mixing until incorporated.
- Add flour. Mix until incorporated . Do not over mix, or mix at a high speed, this will cause the dough to be tough.
- Chill the dough for 3 to 4 hours before using.
Ingredients for filling:
1 cup Lemon juice
2 cups Granulated sugar
1 cup Butter
Preparation for lemon filling:
- In a sauce pan, heat up lemon juice, sugar and butter to a boil.
- Remove from stove. Then add eggs and mix well.
Ingredients for meringue topping:
6 Egg Whites
1 ¼ cup Granulated sugar
Preparation For meringue topping:
- In a double boiler, heat the sugar and the egg whites until warm, whipping constantly with a wire whip.
- Transfer the meringue into a bowl using a power mixer and beat on high until very stiff.
- Roll out the dough to 1/8″ thick, use a 10-inch ring that 1 ½ inch high, lay the dough on the bottom and sides of pan.
- Pour in the lemon filling.
- Bake at 300° F for about 15-20 minutes until the custard sets.
- Take and out oven and let cool.
- Put the meringue into a pastry bag and pipe it on the cool lemon tart.
- Make a Delish Dole Whip Cocktail – With Lime! - May 28, 2022
- Boozy Dole Whip Pops – Make Your Own! - May 27, 2022
- Irish Girl-Band Cailíní Lua Make U.S. Debut at Raglan Road May 25 through Summer - May 24, 2022